PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Conklin Nib Information

RayCornett
February 25th, 2016, 12:37 PM
I have received a Conklin Glider which is in much worse condition that explained or shown in the listing. However, it was under $20 including shipping and it has a great nib, feed, and section. However, the nib imprint is unfamiliar to me. This one is a Chicago nib but no crescent and two lines under the 14k mark.
Might anyone have any information on this particular nib? I have not seen anything like it before anywhere. I have only seen crescent nibs to this point. Rare? Value?

Sandy Fry
February 26th, 2016, 05:36 AM
My guess is that it is from when Conklin was bought by investors in the late 30's and moved from Toledo to Chicago. From the little history I know of Conklin pens, the investors were not really " pen people " and the Glider was made up of left over pen parts. I think I read somewhere ( can't think where at the moment ) that Conklin did a nib called a " Cushon point "...might that be what you have???

David

RayCornett
February 26th, 2016, 02:30 PM
The cushion point has a crescent and says cushion point. This is the first I have seen without a crescent .

Farmboy
February 26th, 2016, 08:23 PM
Contact Pete.

HughC
February 27th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Not particularly rare and you do see a few Gliders with these although the Cushion Point is the most common. Probably makes little difference to value still it's a nice touch.

Regards
Hugh