PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

NastyV6
February 26th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Hello everyone,
I am a medical student who has been a fountain pen user for a number of years. My addiction started young when my father let me use his Montblanc 149 and meisterstuck classic pencil. Currently I have around 15 pens and use them as much as I can, and am looking forward to taking my stationary addiction to the next level. I have lurked on the forum for a while but I mostly spend my time on some car forums. (Oh and incase you were wondering my name comes from my tag of my 87 Buick Grand National)

I also was wondering, where would be the best place to ask about verifying a possible eBay seller? Going for 149 #2 :)

Ely

Anne
February 26th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Hello and Welcome Ely! I am glad you decided to join:)
As far as Ebay sellers are concerned, I personally check through their feedback ( good and bad ) and scrutinize both what is said by the buyer and seller.
You can also Google their name to see if any problems crop up with past buyers.
But, you might check in the subforum here called "Market Feedback".
Good Luck and have fun here, everyone I have spoken with has been very helpful and kind - Really good people.
You will not be disappointed that you joined:)

NastyV6
February 26th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Hello and Welcome Ely! I am glad you decided to join:)
As far as Ebay sellers are concerned, I personally check through their feedback ( good and bad ) and scrutinize both what is said by the buyer and seller.
You can also Google their name to see if any problems crop up with past buyers.
But, you might check in the subforum here called "Market Feedback".
Good Luck and have fun here, everyone I have spoken with has been very helpful and kind - Really good people.
You will not be disappointed that you joined:)

Thanks Anne!
and yes I did check their feedback and it is quite good with 203 positives and 0 neutral and negatives in the past 12 months. Overall they are 100% with 2209 transactions. The sellers name is "wbang8806" and they are from Malaysia and I think that is why I may be hesitant.

jar
February 26th, 2016, 01:59 PM
welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. When checking feedback always look at the items and selling prices as well as simply the number. Lots of good feedback selling hair bows and cds but now selling Limited Edition 1K+ pens should be a warning bell.

Anne
February 26th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Yeah, this sounds pretty good. I try to be careful with sellers from anywhere.
I know there are little things you can look for like if a lot of their sales are Private and all they are selling are pens ( ? ).
Or, if they have a good spattering of selling to buyers who are "No Longer A Registered User".
I once bought a flashdrive from someone that had 100% and many sales. I should have Googled them first, they were selling fake items and others knew it. So, now I try as best I can to research them and if all looks good, trust your gut too.
I check to see how they respond to people that have had problems too. It is a reflection on how you may be treated if you correspond with them.
Also, keep in mind, buyers can be very unfair and Rush to Negative or Neutral feedback, that's why I try to scrutinize everything and disregard what I think is unfair.

You might want to post a question in the Market Feedback area to see if anyone here has experience with them.
( I typed the sellers name into the search on this forum and didn't find anything ).

Jeph
February 26th, 2016, 05:09 PM
:welcome:

Hawk
February 26th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Welcome. It's always nice to see a gearhead that likes fountain pens.

writingrav
February 26th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

Wahl
February 28th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Hi Ely :welcome: