PDA

View Full Version : FS: Montblanc, ST Dupont, Pilot, Waterman, Dior, Caran d’Ache, etc

kaisnowbird
February 27th, 2016, 07:23 PM
*Price reduced, free international shipping if you buy two or more.*

These pens in my collection are not being used as often as the others. I'm hoping to find them a loving home.

Payment via Paypal only.
Shipping will be at cost from Sydney, Australia by Australia Post. (For example, small parcel to the US is about USD$12 by flat shipping and USD$17 with tracking.)

1. Sheaffer Snorkel - black with gold trim, circa 1955, Fine stub nib by Greg Minuskin.
Near mint condition. Touch down filling system in good working order. The fine stub nib is firm and offers subtle line variation with slight feedback.
USD$55 plus shipping

2. Senator Regent in tortoise, made in West Germany, gold plated Medium nib.
Inked once, otherwise new old stock. Some gold plating loss on the clip. Piston filler in good working order. Vintage medium nib is firm and writes more like a fine by today’s grades.
USD$50 plus shipping

3. Montblanc 220 Classic in burgundy, circa 1970, 14K Fine nib.
Excellent condition (a few micro-scratches on the section). Comes with a converter. Springy, juicy, silky smooth nib, writes more like a wet medium (as with many Montblanc pens).
USD$110 plus shipping

4. S.T. Dupont Classique - black lacquer with gold trim, circa 1990, 18K Fine nib.
Excellent condition (the black lacquer on some part of the barrel is not as shiny as the rest, but no scratches). Comes with a converter. Silky smooth firm nib.
USD$100 plus shipping

5. Christian Dior Sterling Silver (made by Montblanc), circa 1980, 14K Fine nib.
Gorgeous art-deco style pen in near mint condition (a few micro-scratches as common with silver pens). Standard international CC filler (does not come with a converter). Wonderfully bouncy, smooth nib. Spring loaded clip.
USD$160 plus shipping

6. Caran d’Ache Ecridor Chevron, 2015, Fine nib.
As new (inked, but in flawless, condition). Standard international CC filler (comes with Caran d’Ache original converter). A lovely ‘singing’nib. Original box and instructions book available, but may increase shipping cost.
USD$135 plus shipping

7. Waterman Carene – blue lacquer with gold trim, 2005, 18K Fine inlaid nib.
Near mint condition (a few micro scratches). Standard international CC filler (comes with a converter). Wonderfully smooth nib. Spring loaded clip.
USD$135 plus shipping

8. Pilot Falcon – black with rhodium trim, 2013, 14K Soft Fine nib.
As new (inked, but in flawless, condition). Pilot CC filler (comes with original pilot Con-50 converter). Juicy soft fine nib (writes like EF by European standard).
USD$105 plus shipping

SOLD 9. Ken Cavers custom made Bamboo Pen – Jade Pebble Italian resin, 2014, 1.1 mm Stub Jowo nib.
As new (inked, but in flawless, condition). Standard international CC filler (comes with a converter). Juicy stub, exchangeable with other No.6 Jowo nibs.
Last time I checked, Ken’s waiting list was 12-month long. This was custom made to my order, one of a kind, in his famous bamboo style.

*When you buy two pens, I offer complementary free flat rate shipping. If you buy three or more pens, I offer complementary shipping with tracking.

kaisnowbird
February 27th, 2016, 07:57 PM
I have another group of seven pens (more affordable workhorses) for sale as a single lot here (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/15258-Lot-of-7-pens-for-sale), in case you are interested. Combined shipping is available. :)

Popcorn
February 27th, 2016, 08:15 PM
PM'd you re: the Ken Cavers pen.

kaisnowbird
February 28th, 2016, 01:38 AM
PM'd you re: the Ken Cavers pen.

PM reply sent. Thanks!

Both No.4 (Dupont) and No.9 on hold.

kaisnowbird
February 29th, 2016, 02:45 AM
No. 9 sold.

kaisnowbird
March 2nd, 2016, 02:10 AM
No.4 Dupont is still available.

kaisnowbird
March 3rd, 2016, 03:01 AM
I've been asked to provide some close ups of the Senator Regent in tortoise finish (No.2 above, US$55 plus shipping).

Please pardon the poor evening indoor lighting and primitive photography skills. :hippie:

kaisnowbird
March 15th, 2016, 06:11 AM
Price reduced.
Free international shipping (flat rate) if you buy two or more.

EclecticCollector
March 16th, 2016, 01:53 AM
I'm interested in the Dupont, but could you please take some photos showing what you mean about the less shiny lacquer areas? Do you feel they could be polished out?

kaisnowbird
March 16th, 2016, 05:03 AM
I'm interested in the Dupont, but could you please take some photos showing what you mean about the less shiny lacquer areas? Do you feel they could be polished out?

It's not easy to photograph. The difference is only visible under direct light and it does not extend all the way around the barrel, just a small part of it. I hope the pictures below help.

Can it be polished? Based on my research, it is not advisable to polish lacquer with any kind of abrasive substance. I don't know what caused it, but I was content to leave it alone as the slight unevenness in shine certainly has not affected how I enjoy the pen. I know I'll miss this pen if/when it's sold.

EclecticCollector
March 17th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Thank you for the photos, unfortunately I'm going to hold off for now.

kaisnowbird
March 17th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Thank you for the photos, unfortunately I'm going to hold off for now.

No worries at all. Thanks for looking. :)