PDA

View Full Version : Great Egret

inky_artist
December 9th, 2012, 10:46 AM
After writing up a review of blue FP inks on my blog this week... I found myself with several blue load outs. So, I spent the afternoon yesterday sketching birds at the wildlife refuge pond near the house. (Life is hard. :))

Bogon07
December 9th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Nice sketch.
Are you using ink on pastel or paint ?

fountainpenkid
December 9th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Nice work! I used to do alot of birding with my dad...the coolest time was when we went with a bird expert south of Cancun in Quintana Roo...the birds there are amazing! If only I could draw well enough to do that!

Best!

John the Monkey
December 10th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Very nice! Echoing Bogon's post, I'd be interested in a bit more about the media used there, lovely effect!

inky_artist
December 11th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Bogon07, Waterman Florida Blue in a semi-flex vintage Eversharp for line work and core shadows, vintage Sheaffer Peacock Blue for the stippling in the shadows, Sakura Gelly Roll white for the highlights (sorry, I haven't found an opaque white for FPs yet) on blue-gray Fabriano Ingres paper.

Bogon07
December 12th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Inky_artist, thanks for the info. I love the name 'Sakura Gelly Roll' what a great name for a Gel pen.

John the Monkey
December 13th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Thanks! I can recommend uni-ball's Signo as a good white gel pen too (they're more readily available here in the UK) nice, opaque ink.

I've been musing about toned paper ever since seeing a review of a Strathmore journal that had a mixture of different shades in it - looks like I'll have to take the plunge :)

inky_artist
December 15th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I've been musing about toned paper ever since seeing a review of a Strathmore journal that had a mixture of different shades in it - looks like I'll have to take the plunge :)

John, FYI Fabriano makes an Artist's Journal with a range of colors from their Ingres papers (the paper I used in this work) that might be more readily available on your side of The Pond. Cheers!