PDA

View Full Version : InCoWriMo 2016 wrap up/question

distracted_mom
February 29th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Sent three off into the great blue yonder today, bringing my total to 51 outbound.

Here's my question: how do you gauge if someone wants a response or not? Some people have been very clear about "I'd love to hear back from you" or they ask questions. If you got a letter that was more factual, less of an invitation to write back, do you write back?

Thanks for a super-fun month! How much did you help the USPS this month? Or your country's postal system?

writingrav
February 29th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Sent three off into the great blue yonder today, bringing my total to 51 outbound.

Here's my question: how do you gauge if someone wants a response or not? Some people have been very clear about "I'd love to hear back from you" or they ask questions. If you got a letter that was more factual, less of an invitation to write back, do you write back?

Thanks for a super-fun month!

I always respond. If they don't want to continue they have to stop writing or, preferably let me know either in a card or even a PM that they're not up for a regular correspondence. Usually they just stop writing :(

Silverbreeze
February 29th, 2016, 02:39 PM

I always respond. If they don't want to continue they have to stop writing or, preferably let me know either in a card or even a PM that they're not up for a regular correspondence. Usually they just stop writing :(

Although sometimes there is a delay that seems like they stopped and suddenly they are back full speed

I have been on both ends of that

writingrav
February 29th, 2016, 02:42 PM

Although sometimes there is a delay that seems like they stopped and suddenly they are back full speed

I have been on both ends of that
True. I recently received a letter replying to my 2024 Incowrimo letter. As I always say: snailmail is always on time when received.

sweetnightingale
February 29th, 2016, 02:52 PM
I will aliays respond when someone writes to me. I'm certainly up for year round correspondenc. At times, I might be slow depending on what lofe throws at me, but I'll always respond. If I know it'll take a bit longer than usual to respond, I'll PM or email the person to give them a heads up. :)

Chrissy
February 29th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Thanks for a super-fun month! How much did you help the USPS this month? Or your country's postal system?

I helped Royal Mail to the value of GB£31 overall, but I paid slightly less than that for my stamps. :)

Morgaine
February 29th, 2016, 04:06 PM
I didn't need to buy stamps this month, but I did anyway.
I continue with letter writing all year round but maybe not every day.

Pharmasweaves
February 29th, 2016, 05:18 PM
I recently received a letter replying to my 2024 Incowrimo letter. As I always say: snailmail is always on time when received.

Oh man, you better remember to ask them all those questions they answered in 9 years :-P

Pharmasweaves
February 29th, 2016, 05:20 PM
How much did you help the USPS this month? Or your country's postal system?

I don't know how many letters I sent out, but I know I spent a bunch on paper and sealing wax that I wouldn't have otherwise, or at least used up some stuff that's been sitting for a few months.

Pharmasweaves
February 29th, 2016, 05:24 PM
I'm just sending out responses to anything I get. It's a good excuse for myself to pull away from studying like a fiend. Gotta take a break at some point, right?
I never remember anything I write in the letter or who I sent a letter to, so if someone doesn't respond, that's my cue that they don't wanna, or at least are too busy at the moment.

writingrav
February 29th, 2016, 05:29 PM
I recently received a letter replying to my 2024 Incowrimo letter. As I always say: snailmail is always on time when received.

Oh man, you better remember to ask them all those questions they answered in 9 years :-P
Er I meant 2014. Thumbs to big for the phone:)

Janinutah
March 1st, 2016, 03:46 PM
do you time travel? Just kidding!

DaveBj
March 2nd, 2016, 08:00 AM
My letter count was just a few over the day count, nothing like Distracted's 51. I always respond to a received letter, and I leave it up to the other party as to whether or not [s]he responds to my last letter.

Morgaine
March 2nd, 2016, 10:04 AM
I thought I sent out more than 36 (+3 written on the final day to be posted in March), but oh well. 56 came in!

distracted_mom
March 2nd, 2016, 10:14 AM
My letter count was just a few over the day count, nothing like Distracted's 51. I always respond to a received letter, and I leave it up to the other party as to whether or not [s]he responds to my last letter.

Many of mine were short notes to elderly relatives. I don't expect responses, but I thought it was a good opportunity to let them know I was thinking of them.

VertOlive
March 2nd, 2016, 08:13 PM
I respond to everything I receive. Only a tiny proportion of my new InCo reply again, fewer still become regular pen pals.

I keep thinking it's that picture I posted over on the Real Life You thread...:)

sgtstretch
March 3rd, 2016, 10:14 AM
I sent out 54 in February, not exactly sure how many I received, I believe it was over 45. My reply pile is quite full. I'll be busy writing replies all through March.

bruce
March 3rd, 2016, 04:07 PM
wow!! sent out around 35 or so, only 3 in.

Toulouse
March 6th, 2016, 07:00 AM
wow!! sent out around 35 or so, only 3 in.

Just wait until the replies start flowing in Bruce ... you'll be overwhelmed.

I'm still working on getting my 29 written ... I'll add you to the list.

mgmmaze
March 6th, 2016, 12:44 PM
I also am a year round pen pal. If I got a letter I'll respond. Like some others have said I slow down my writing esp this up coming week I have an exam to study for so I prob will do one reply a day or every other day. Esp since I bombed my last exam I am really putting in that time in math. I always love to reply and a friend of mine just sent me some inks and and I bought myself an early bday present so Ill def be writing