PDA

View Full Version : FS: Flexy Eversharp Skyline Standard-size

penwash
March 2nd, 2016, 07:25 PM
Flexible Eversharp nib is uncommon and this one is a very good one:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1694/25246858785_dfc74822b9_c.jpg

Price: $100

More pictures and writing sample on my new website:

http://redeempens.nextcoder.com/for-sale/eversharp-skyline-with-a-full-flex-nib.html

sitsi
March 2nd, 2016, 08:33 PM
Chrome doesn't let me enter in your web site. It says it's a security risk.

penwash
March 2nd, 2016, 09:06 PM

I'm using a site-wide SSL certificate.
I don't know what Security setting your Chrome is set at (If you'd let me know, I'd appreciate it).

Every single Chrome browser that I can get a hold of have no problem with the site.

katherine
March 2nd, 2016, 10:41 PM
Augh so tempted. Why did I set myself a pen budget this month. x___x;

penwash
March 3rd, 2016, 07:51 AM
Augh so tempted. Why did I set myself a pen budget this month. x___x;

It's good to set a budget for anything.
This pen may still be here next month (hahaha)

ferrini
March 3rd, 2016, 08:15 AM
I'm loaded with Eversharps and love them. I'm only writing to note you did a beautiful job of restoring this one.. i wish you'd included a photo of the pen bvfore you went to work on it. As a wood and metal worker, I can only say Bravo.
Gary

sitsi
March 3rd, 2016, 09:52 AM

I'm using a site-wide SSL certificate.
I don't know what Security setting your Chrome is set at (If you'd let me know, I'd appreciate it).

Every single Chrome browser that I can get a hold of have no problem with the site.
It works now. Who knows what happened.
Thanks.

katherine
March 3rd, 2016, 10:50 AM
Oh, also, does $100 include shipping? If not, how much is shipping? :)

penwash
March 3rd, 2016, 03:17 PM
Good question Katherine.

Within US, shipping is $3 First Class USPS with tracking. If you want to add insurance, it'd be an extra $3. By default, no insurance.

I guess I'd better put that on my website, rite?

I'm loaded with Eversharps and love them. I'm only writing to note you did a beautiful job of restoring this one.. i wish you'd included a photo of the pen bvfore you went to work on it. As a wood and metal worker, I can only say Bravo.
Gary

Thank you kindly! This was the cap when I got it (the bottom one)

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1527/25482880725_8d85fea7bc_o.png

ferrini
March 4th, 2016, 01:57 AM
Thanks for posting the "before" photo. Can't believe someone hasn't bought it yet. Stop me before I do. This is a small cry for help.

carlc
March 4th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Just to say- your website is also rated as a security risk by the Kindle Silk browser.

KBeezie
March 4th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Just to say- your website is also rated as a security risk by the Kindle Silk browser.

Nothing on Chrome or Mcafee SiteAdvisor shows up for either his subdomain or main domain. Nor could I find any other issues popping up (or where to verify it for Kindle, since there's usually a site you can check and submit to if you think the message is in error), but I did see tons of stories about Kindle Silk browser being a privacy issue (since they use amazon as a proxy).

carlc
March 4th, 2016, 02:11 PM

Nothing on Chrome or Mcafee SiteAdvisor shows up for either his subdomain or main domain. Nor could I find any other issues popping up (or where to verify it for Kindle, since there's usually a site you can check and submit to if you think the message is in error), but I did see tons of stories about Kindle Silk browser being a privacy issue (since they use amazon as a proxy).
I have little knowledge of these things, I was just telling the OP that his website is being flagged as it was by other browsers. I carried on to the site anyway as I thought it was a false flag.

It wouldn't surprise me if Silk on the kindle is flawed though.

KBeezie
March 4th, 2016, 02:14 PM
I have little knowledge of these things, I was just telling the OP that his website is being flagged as it was by other browsers. I carried on to the site anyway as I thought it was a false flag.

It wouldn't surprise me if Silk on the kindle is flawed though.

I was trying to find where to examine why it would think that site was a security risk, but all I could find were a ton of articles calling the browser itself a security risk.

carlc
March 4th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Doesn't surprise me.

Anyway, nice pen and excellent restoration job. Why hasn't somebody bought it yet?

katherine
March 4th, 2016, 02:32 PM
I haven't bought it because I set myself a budget of $50 for this month. >____>

So unless I sell $50 in random shit, it's over budget. (Or rationalize not budgeting.)

carlc
March 4th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Rationalize Sister, rationalize.

katherine
March 4th, 2016, 02:36 PM
Dog's teeth cleaning was $200 under the original vet's quote... >___>;

But I juuuust set a budget. I feel like I should stick to it for at least a month, right? Only 27 days to go.

carlc
March 4th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Budget smudget.

Like diets, budgets start tomorrow.

carlc
March 4th, 2016, 02:42 PM
I'll stop now before I cause trouble. 😈

katherine
March 4th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Hahaha. It's always been hard to convince myself to budget, tbh. Bad habit, I know.
It's more of a "how much stuff can I reasonably use and enjoy owning?" more than the finances. Yay disposable income.

jackokun
March 4th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Hahaha. It's always been hard to convince myself to budget, tbh. Bad habit, I know.
It's more of a "how much stuff can I reasonably use and enjoy owning?" more than the finances. Yay disposable income.

I don't know if it is disposable income, more on the lines of I think i can handle be down this much this month... you know what is a day or two without basic necessities ;):faint:

Lady Onogaro
March 4th, 2016, 03:50 PM

I don't know if it is disposable income, more on the lines of I think i can handle be down this much this month... you know what is a day or two without basic necessities ;):faint:

Your statement reminds me of this one by Erasmus, Jackokun: “When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.”

I guess we can substitute "pens" for "books." :)

jackokun
March 4th, 2016, 03:58 PM

Your statement reminds me of this one by Erasmus, Jackokun: “When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.”

I guess we can substitute "pens" for "books." :)

:amen:

There is a reason why quotes transcend time ! oddly enough most of them deal with common sense and surprisingly with compulsive tendencies :pound:

I shall put this quote as my signature ! ha!

katherine
March 4th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Hah! Thankfully I don't end up in that situation since work feeds me three meals a day if I want it and pays for my public transit. Then it's just the roof over my head, and that's not optional from day to day, I'd get evicted!

lowks
March 4th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Off topic but I hope you will entertain Sale chats:

1. What is "plastic welding" ?
2. Are Eversharps tempermental ?

penwash
March 5th, 2016, 06:59 AM
1. Plastic welding is joining two plastic parts together. Depending on the shape, size, and other constraints, usually it's facilitated by using either scrap plastic + solvent, or using a chemical compound

2. The Eversharp pens that I can successfully restore are reliable writers, but there are a lot of them that are in a very sad shape. I'm in the middle of restoring an Eversharp vacuum-filler.

penwash
March 6th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Bumpity!

penwash
March 9th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Bumpity! and reducing the price to $90
I hate to have to sell this on ebay, but I can't drop the price too much on this one.
So this is the last chance to get it here before going to the bay :)

katherine
March 9th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Ugh this is still very, very tempting. Do you have a writing sample along side another pen (ideally a modern one with pretty consistent sizing)? (I'm always worried that I'm not gauging sizes correctly in writing samples)

penwash
March 9th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Ugh this is still very, very tempting. Do you have a writing sample along side another pen (ideally a modern one with pretty consistent sizing)? (I'm always worried that I'm not gauging sizes correctly in writing samples)

Katherine, that is why I use a dot grid paper with my writing sample. I try to be as objective as I can :)

1. The distance between the dots are 5mm.

2. This matches the XXF and BB in the writing sample, I am referring to this "standard" measurement by Mauricio Aguilar (http://www.vintagepen.net/grading-flex-nibs.html)
DOUBLE EXTRA FINE (XXF) ... approx. 0.2 mm
DOUBLE BROAD (BB) ... approx. 1.2 mm

NOTE: Actually the pen goes a bit beyond 1.2mm, so technically it's a BB+ grade

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1453/25141553515_dd2268e59d_z.jpg

katherine
March 9th, 2016, 06:56 PM
Oh gotcha. That makes sense.

I just had a great time holding up some 5mm grid paper to my screen... Coworkers now think I'm extra crazy.

penwash
March 18th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Bumpity!

deluxe
March 18th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Chrome on Windows 10 shows everything fine, no warnings, as is the Edge Browser/Win 10.

bluesea
March 18th, 2016, 10:00 PM
1. Plastic welding is joining two plastic parts together. Depending on the shape, size, and other constraints, usually it's facilitated by using either scrap plastic + solvent, or using a chemical compound

2. The Eversharp pens that I can successfully restore are reliable writers, but there are a lot of them that are in a very sad shape. I'm in the middle of restoring an Eversharp vacuum-filler.

Would you call the pocket clip functional? Btw for comparison this is from a Pilot Falcon sef.

http://i.imgur.com/2daAm8n.jpg (http://imgur.com/2daAm8n)

penwash
March 19th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Chrome on Windows 10 shows everything fine, no warnings, as is the Edge Browser/Win 10.

That is confirmed. Thanks for taking the time to tell me this.

penwash
March 19th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Would you call the pocket clip functional?

The clip clips onto my shirt pocket and when I took the pen out, neither the clip nor the pocket came off, so I'd say it's working splendidly :)

Thank you for the XXF comparison.

applguy
March 19th, 2016, 08:01 PM
I'll give you $90 for your restored Eversharp- do you take PayPal?
Is this pen a lever-filler?

penwash
March 19th, 2016, 09:04 PM
Yes it's a lever-filler. PM me your paypal account and I'll send you an invoice.
Thank you!

penwash
March 21st, 2016, 08:42 PM
Due to no response, the pen is still for sale.
Bumpiness!