PDA

View Full Version : Manu Propria Pens - "tame-usu-nashiji"

Manupropria
March 4th, 2016, 02:58 AM
Finished another "Futô-Miyabi" pen with a new urushi finish called "tame-usu-nashiji". Large "hirame" gold flakes are sprinkled into wet lacquer. Tame refers to many layers of transparent lacquer that is applied over the polished hirame layer. With the time urushi gets more transparent and so the sparkling effect of the polished hirame flakes will become more intensive.

Best regards,

Martin

DASEFnib
March 4th, 2016, 03:07 AM
Absolutely drop-dead BEAUTIFUL!!
Without reservation....one of the most elegant pens I've EVER seen!!!:hail:

Always try to get the dibs....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

Marsilius
March 4th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Wow. Just kinda beautiful. Gold star flakes in a deep sky.

fqgouvea
March 4th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Beautiful. Your pens are always incredible. I envy the person who will get to see it change over time.

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

jar
March 4th, 2016, 07:57 AM
Very nice.

Lady Onogaro
March 4th, 2016, 09:05 AM
The finish looks a bit like the night sky, only with red stars instead of white ones. It's a beautiful pen, Martin!

ilangai
March 4th, 2016, 11:30 AM
A Beauty.

da vinci
March 4th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Lovely pen. I like the gold ring around the base of the cap. Does it serve a particular purpose or is it just decorative?

Jon Szanto
March 4th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Ok, ok. I said I'd never do it, but I might start buying lottery tickets!

ethernautrix
March 4th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Crazy gorgeous.

Do you attend pen shows (in Europe)? I've attended only Pen Show Poland (in Katowice, in April), but I would be extra motivated to go to other pen shows if I knew I'd have a chance to look at your pens in person.

Or, you know, maybe you'll show your pens at the San Francisco Pen Show in August!

Manupropria
March 4th, 2016, 11:54 PM
Thank you guys.
The gold ring is a decorative thing rather than to stabilize the cap.
I joined pen shows in Madrid last year and Cologne. Still thinking about which pen show to attend this year.
I was thinking of attending San Francisco or Washington pen show but travelling to the US has become dfficult. Since this year we even need a visa, the custom officers are very unfriendly to say at least and to clear goods at the border is a nightmare.

da vinci
March 5th, 2016, 12:09 AM
Thank you guys.
The gold ring is a decorative thing rather than to stabilize the cap.
I joined pen shows in Madrid last year and Cologne. Still thinking about which pen show to attend this year.
I was thinking of attending San Francisco or Washington pen show but travelling to the US has become dfficult. Since this year we even need a visa, the custom officers are very unfriendly to say at least and to clear goods at the border is a nightmare.

Thanks. I saw your pens at the Madrid show and they looked wonderful. I hope you can make it to Madrid again this year, it is a fabulous show. I will be flying over from the UK again.

Manupropria
March 5th, 2016, 03:30 AM
Indeed, the Madrid show was great and Madrid is also great city. I am definitely planning to go there this year

Inky Poops
March 5th, 2016, 05:55 AM
Wonderful creation, faultless execution. The eda-mame pen rest is a nice touch as well.

ethernautrix
March 5th, 2016, 10:34 AM
Indeed, the Madrid show was great and Madrid is also great city. I am definitely planning to go there this year

I planned to go last year. Maybe I'll actually make it this year. The chance to see your pens is icing on the cake of want.

da vinci
March 5th, 2016, 01:49 PM

I hope to see you there! :)