PDA

View Full Version : Mike It Work/Michael Masuyama temporary stop taking new work...(March 2016)

Penly
March 4th, 2016, 04:33 PM
I don't know if this is appropriate place to post this announcement. If this is not, I apologize.

Mike It Work/Michael Masuyama will temporary stop taking new nib work orders until farther notice.

Please stop sending-in orders until farther notice unless you have already started discussing about it with me over email. I have to take care family matters/business in Japan as my mother passed and that forces me to spend more time other than nib work. It also requires rather frequent trips to Japan for 2016 and it will be significant strain to my already too long backlog. I will work on the pens that I have already in my queue as quickly as possible and also keep my plan to attend few pen shows that I have posted in my email auto-reply. I plan to return to my normal routine sometime later this year. I very much appreciate your support and understanding and I will try to get back to my routine as soon as I can.

If any of you can re-post this to other fountain pen internet community that I do not know, that would be helpful.

Thank you,
Michael & Emiko Masuyama
Mike It Work

Jon Szanto
March 4th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Dear Mike,

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother, a very difficult moment in life. Having just seen you at work at the LA Pen show, it renewed my appreciation for your skills and your work ethic. The two pens I have with your nibs are prized and oft-used items, and there will be many people waiting when you return to work. Until then, peace be with you as you go on this journey.

With sincere regard,
Jon Szanto

jar
March 4th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Mike, fully understand. When my mother was nearing the end I was making almost weekly trips from coastal Georgia to deep south Texas and spent more time on the road than at home or with her. Life takes precedent.

inklord
March 4th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Dear Mr. Masuyama!
Our heartfelt condolences on your loss! Best wishes for all your endeavors!
Peter & Laura Buergin-Witt (who feel very privileged to be able to write with a few of your nibs)