PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Minnesota!

jskraba
March 6th, 2016, 09:43 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Jacob and I'm a senior in high school right now. Im from a small town way up north in Minnesota so there is absolutely no fountain pen activity up here which sucks for trying to meet others that are interest as well. I'm pretty new to fountain pens so any advice and info you guys can share with me would be awesome.

I got my first fountain pen a couple years ago, one of my neighbors died and his partner had a stroke and was put in a nursing home. My family was told we could go look through the house for stuff we wanted after the rest of their family had gone through it. I found a Sheaffer Snorkel desk pen and was immediately taken with it. Anyway I took it and then never used it, until a few months ago I found it in one of the drawers in my desk and went out and found some ink for it. Being as no one close to me was into fountain pens I bought the first ink I could find which happened to be India ink. Oops! Anyway I started writing with it and was hooked, so I started looking online and saw that India ink was a big no-no and have since cleaned it extremely thoroughly.

Now I have added a Twsbi Vac-700 and a Noodler's eye dropper pen that came with a bottle of their Baystate Cape Cod Cranberry ink I bought. I also have a bottle of J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor ink that I use in the Twsbi daily, as well as a bottle of Waterman Intense Black that I bought with the Twsbi.

Hopefully some of you read that whole thing, and if so thanks for reading! If not well I still look forward to getting the chance to know all of you here.

Thanks!

Jacob

Hawk
March 6th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Welcome.

jar
March 7th, 2016, 06:00 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Wahl
March 7th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Hi Jacob, :welcome:

Anne
March 7th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Welcome Jacob! I am glad that you rescued that Snorkel ( twice! ). Good Luck with it and Use It In Good Health.
You have definitely come to a great place for knowledge and good people to dish it out! Have Fun here :)

Savager
March 7th, 2016, 01:02 PM
Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan! What town are you from "up nord"?

jskraba
March 7th, 2016, 02:23 PM
You ever heard of Orr? And where might you be from?

Savager
March 7th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Sure, Orr MN - Pelican Lake area. You are WAY up north! I'm in the Twin Cities metro area.

writingrav
March 7th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

southpaw52
March 7th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Welcome, Jacob.

jskraba
March 7th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Sure, Orr MN - Pelican Lake area. You are WAY up north! I'm in the Twin Cities metro area.

Yep! You betcha! Cool! Gonna be down there later this week.

caribbean_skye
March 8th, 2016, 05:22 AM
welcome welcome

distracted_mom
March 8th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Glad you're here, Jacob!

Jeph
March 8th, 2016, 03:37 PM
:welcome:

Waski_the_Squirrel
March 8th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Glad to welcome anyone from our part of the world (southwestern North Dakota here). The more of us there are out here, the more the fountain pen world will start paying attention to us!