PDA

View Full Version : Discontinued: Caran d'Ache Blue Night, Carbon, and Caribbean Sea - Inknouveau news

Bogon07
December 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM
http://www.inknouveau.com/2012/12/discontinued-caran-dache-blue-night.html#disqus_thread

Brian Goulet has news on his Inknouveau blog that Caran d'Arche have discontinued Blue Night, Carbon and Caribbean Sea !

Caran d'Ache is set to release an unknown number of new ink colors this Spring, so these colors are probably are in preparation for that. Still though, it's surprising to me to see such popular colors get axed.

Bugger, I only recently bought BlueNight and find it a very nice dark blue/black with subtle nuances and i've been awaiting for one of the local shops to get in Caribbean Sea.
Hopefully there will be equivalents in the new range of colours.

Bogon07
February 25th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Must have been too busy at work to notice this update at GPC.
http://www.inknouveau.com/2013/02/caran-dache-inks-out-with-old-in-with.html

Now the news is Caran d'Ache are replacing the entire line with these colours :

. There are going to be 12 new colors, Cosmic Black, Delicate Green, Divine Pink, Electric Orange, Hypnotic Turquoise, Idyllic Blue, Infinite Grey, Infra Red, Magnetic Blue, Organic Brown, Ultra Violet, and Vibrant Green

The new minimalist design labels don't look as nearly pretty as the previous ones and the bottle has gone from a quite nice block of glass to a strange hexagonal slanted object. Just to rub it in the price is increasing to go with the size increase 30 to 50 mls (?)

woosang
March 13th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Found a few bottles of blue sky night sky and Carribian in Brissie.. Yay!!

woosang
March 13th, 2013, 06:54 AM
That would be Caribbean Sea ugh too late at night

wayne.robinson
March 13th, 2013, 12:42 PM
And I'm pretty sure you paid too much for them too. :-p

La Couronne du Compte seems to still have stock and I order more Caribbean Sea with my recent order.

http://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/webstore/main/caran-dache-bottled-fountain-colors-p-1096.html

caribbean_skye
March 13th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Doesn't it just figure, I saw a sample on a letter from Bogon07 and quite like it and now it's being discontinued. *sighs*

woosang
March 13th, 2013, 02:55 PM
in Australia? Thats a given.

woosang
March 13th, 2013, 02:57 PM
actually, AU$25 for each bottle compare to 13.50 euros with postage. so its not that pricey

Bogon07
March 14th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Doesn't it just figure, I saw a sample on a letter from Bogon07 and quite like it and now it's being discontinued. *sighs*

Maybe the new Hypnotic Turquoise will be close to it.

Woosang, my bottle came from QLD too, the Sydney PenShoppe/Pen-Ultimate had to order it from the Brisbane shop.

dr.grace
February 4th, 2014, 10:59 PM

. There are going to be 12 new colors, Cosmic Black, Delicate Green, Divine Pink, Electric Orange, Hypnotic Turquoise, Idyllic Blue, Infinite Grey, Infra Red, Magnetic Blue, Organic Brown, Ultra Violet, and Vibrant Green

The new minimalist design labels don't look as nearly pretty as the previous ones and the bottle has gone from a quite nice block of glass to a strange hexagonal slanted object. Just to rub it in the price is increasing to go with the size increase 30 to 50 mls (?)

For some reason, an ink named "Organic Brown" just doesn't seem appetizing.

Bogon07
February 5th, 2014, 02:24 PM

For some reason, an ink named "Organic Brown" just doesn't seem appetizing.

It sounds like a euphemism for something else.
"Excuse me Sir, you seemed to have stepped into some Organic Brown and trod it on the carpet !"

mhosea
February 5th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Ironically, I thought "organic brown" was one of the better names, but this particular source of organic brown color occurred immediately to my son, and then it was over. I thought Waterman's new ink names were ridiculous enough. The Caran d'Ache names take it to a whole new level, and given the price point, it is great comedy indeed. I really don't expect to see "Infra Red" or "Ultra Violet", if you catch my meaning, and I have no clue why anybody associates a color with magnetism. I'm not sure what is particularly "infinite" about any gray, and the "Divine Pink"? Well, hmmm. OK, but...that's not the shade I was expecting.

tandaina
February 5th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Yeah the new names and bottles are silly. I have a bottle of Caribbean Sea and love that ink. Sad to see it go. So many just plain boring inks continue forever and the fun ones... gone.