PDA

View Full Version : KWZ Grey Plum

SIR
March 7th, 2016, 11:28 AM
First of all, if any of you are still somewhat unsure of the reason for such a small and relatively unknown ink producer having such a devoted and avid following, be in doubt no longer; KWZ inks are 'OMG' good!

I saw Grey Plum on KWZ's website and it was included in my first order with another ink and some samples, but only recently did a little of the ink find it's way into my Sailor brush pen.

Grey Plum is free-flowing and quick drying, and it's colour is incredibly gorgeous!

Lady Onogaro
March 7th, 2016, 11:35 AM
That's lovely!

migo984
March 7th, 2016, 11:38 AM
I have Grey Plum & I love it. It behaves very well & looks gorgeous. You should try Brown Pink as well; another stunner.
I like that they are such original colours.

SIR
March 7th, 2016, 12:32 PM
I have Grey Plum & I love it. It behaves very well & looks gorgeous. You should try Brown Pink as well; another stunner.

I love the way Grey Plum behaves on paper, showing first a strong plum colour then drying to a more grey tone; I have Brown Pink as a sample and agree it is also gorgeous and behaves in a similar way.

Silverbreeze
March 7th, 2016, 02:36 PM
First of all, if any of you are still somewhat unsure of the reason for such a small and relatively unknown ink producer having such a devoted and avid following, be in doubt no longer; KWZ inks are 'OMG' good!

I saw Grey Plum on KWZ's website and it was included in my first order with another ink and some samples, but only recently did a little of the ink find it's way into my Sailor brush pen.

Grey Plum is free-flowing and quick drying, and it's colour is incredibly gorgeous!

I wantz:-)

jackokun
March 7th, 2016, 03:07 PM

I love the way Grey Plum behaves on paper, showing first a strong plum colour then drying to a more grey tone; I have Brown Pink as a sample and agree it is also gorgeous and behaves in a similar way.

On the KWZ page it shows the Plum with some sheen ? am I looking wrongly or there is truly a sheen?

SIR
March 12th, 2016, 05:47 AM
On the KWZ page it shows the Plum with some sheen ? am I looking wrongly or there is truly a sheen?

I don't think so, but as soon as I have restocked my greaseproof paper supply I will be able to test it; greaseproof paper is like tracing paper and shows any sheen easily.

southpaw52
March 13th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Where is this ink available? Great review.

SIR
March 13th, 2016, 01:38 PM
Where is this ink available? Great review.

You really are very kind!

http://kwzink.com/language/en/ - Manufacturer, also sells direct

https://www.vanness1938.com/ - USA supplier, looks like your state too
11610 PLEASANT RIDGE RD
LITTLE ROCK, AR 72223
(501) 353-2362

Silverbreeze
March 13th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Does Konrad make a Iron Gall version of Plum Grey. Anyone know?

penwash
March 13th, 2016, 09:06 PM

Locate Vanness Pens facebook page (if you're on facebook), type in a message, and within a couple of hours there is a good chance you'll get the answer.

SIR
March 14th, 2016, 01:40 AM

I believe these are all of the currently available KWZ iron gall inks:
http://kwzink.com/language/en/manufactured-inks/iron-gall-inks/

cjl1775
March 16th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Vanness got a shipment in this past week if you want some might order soon

SIR
March 20th, 2016, 07:32 AM

If there is any sheen to be seen, and there might, it is very slight and very dark either black or purple.

bluesea
March 20th, 2016, 04:40 PM
Thats an insane sheen shot of Emerald of Chivor.

SIR
March 21st, 2016, 02:28 AM
Thats an insane sheen shot of Emerald of Chivor.

Greaseproof paper, works every time ;)