PDA

View Full Version : Pen Boxes from Cigar Boxes

Dee8go
December 10th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I had lots of empty cigar boxes lying around my house So, I thought I would use some of them to store pens in. Here's my first effort. I made one for me and one for a Christmas present for a friend.

inky
December 10th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Very nicely done! Love the tray!

KrazyIvan
December 11th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Very classy looking. :)

Bogon07
December 11th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Dee8go,

Wow that is a very attractive pen box. The wood grain pattern looks wonderful and the silver lettering and border have so much detail.

Your pen trays appear to be very well made & fitted.

A the Daakusaido says 'very classy looking'

But you need a few more pens to fill it up. :)

writingrav
December 12th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Beautifully done!

Dee8go
December 12th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Ha ha! Thanks. Yes, I'm working on filling it up. I've bought several boxes of the Nat Sherman Suave cigars over the years and the boxes are really beautiful. I got the green, flocked pen inserts from a website mentioned on this forum, G0-pens.com, I think. The trays I made from 1/4" thick Poplar. In retrospect, I should have used a box from a larger cigar. These were Toros, which were 6" long by 50 ring gauge. Probably a Churchill box would have accommodated more of my pens. Churchills are usually longer in the neighborhood of 6 1/2"-7" long.

Dee8go,

Wow that is a very attractive pen box. The wood grain pattern looks wonderful and the silver lettering and border have so much detail.

Your pen trays appear to be very well made & fitted.

A the Daakusaido says 'very classy looking'

But you need a few more pens to fill it up. :)

Trillium
December 13th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Nice job!