PDA

View Full Version : Which Edison?

snedwos
December 11th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I can't choose! Do I get the green or the red Hudson, or the persimmon Collier, or the Bedrock Beaumont?

KrazyIvan
December 11th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Out of those, I like the Collier the best.

inky
December 11th, 2012, 12:57 PM
My vote would be for the Collier as well but it does depend a little bit on if you want a wider grip section or not. The Beaumont has a thinner grip while the Collier and Hudsons have a bit wider section. Also something to consider is if you need the pen to post. The Hudson and Beaumont will post but the Collier will not. Really though, in my opinion, you can't go wrong with any of the choices. The materials are always top notch and always much more interesting in person then in a picture.

snedwos
December 11th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Seeing them in person isn't an option, sadly. Shapewise, the Collier is my least favourite, but oh the colour! I love the shape and size of the Beaumont, but I'm not all that crazy about the materials, while the Hudson seems like a nice compromise. But how I wish it was Violet or Copper flake rather than ruby. Such a dilemma!

fountainpenkid
December 11th, 2012, 02:33 PM
All styling with edisons--you're getting the same nib, feed and filling system--just a different style and size.

snedwos
December 11th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I do know that, but choosing a styling is not a trivial task!

inky
December 11th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Depending on what you'd like to spend, you could have Brian make you a Beaumont in a different material. He would charge Signature line pricing which is usually around a hundred more then the Production line Colliers, Hudsons and Beaumont. That Orange Collier is wonderful in color But seeing as your not to keen on the Collier's physical design, I'd suggest going for one of the other two. I bought a Collier because I loved the Antique Marble color but I ended up trading it because I couldn't get past a couple things on the design of it. (wanted clipless really and didn't care for the gold trim) It was also a huge pen that didn't fit too well in my travel pouch :) That green Hudson really seems to have a nice swril that goes though the color. I was looking at these before I took the plunge on the Encore LE over at the Goulets. This review swayed me towards the emerald color: http://okami-whatever.blogspot.com/2012/12/featured-pen-edison-hudson.html no affiliation, just a nice reivew!

Bogon07
December 11th, 2012, 05:22 PM
That green Hudson really seems to have a nice swril that goes though the color. This review swayed me towards the emerald color: http://okami-whatever.blogspot.com/2012/12/featured-pen-edison-hudson.html no affiliation, just a nice reivew!

That pen has gorgeous colouring and looks fantastic but I'm not sure about calling it an emerald colour.

I like the look of the Mina in cappuccino flake or tortoise lucite and the extended Mina in Tortoiseshell flake on the Edison Pen Gallery.

inky
December 11th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Those Mina's look pretty sweet! Haven't had the pleasure of seeing one in person but maybe someday. :)

writingrav
December 12th, 2012, 04:49 AM
I love my Herald and Pearlette.

snedwos
December 12th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I'm going to wait for a better income stream before I go signature. Not only would I be paying more for the pen, I'd have to deal with shipping to Europe and import costs. Believe me, I have quite a few pens planned from the custom menu...

Violet flake Beaumont, for a start.