PDA

View Full Version : Noodlers BERNing Red

Music and Ink
March 12th, 2016, 08:15 AM
Have you seen Nathan's video about his new ink? I personally love it. I love the pun, and the imagery. I know this could go to the political area as well, but I wanted to know what you guys think of the ink in its entirety. The actual ink and the message behind it. Do you appreciate the way he portrays the candidate? Do you think you'll like the color?

Pickwick
March 12th, 2016, 09:18 AM
What is his YouTube channel?

sixbynineis42
March 12th, 2016, 09:29 AM
The ink is, for me, nearly worthless. I like the color as it's a nice powerful red, but the feathering problem--common to several Noodler's quick-dry inks--makes it unusable for me. On cheap paper, like copy paper or a steno pad, it dries quickly and feathers just a tiny bit. But if you have paper that you usually consider fountain pen friendly, it probably won't like this ink. I tested it with a somewhat wet pen on Rhodia, Claiefontaine, Tomoe, and Dot-Dash notecards and in all cases the width of the fine line doubled (and in some cases tripled) due to the feathering.

As to the political aspect, I had trouble listening to the entire, 38-minute, whiny rant. Instead I took it as a badge of honor--when they're taking cheap shots and you, you know they're worried. And just for the irony, I signed my pro-Bernie, absentee ballot with this ink (which worked well because it was printed on cheap paper).

jackokun
March 12th, 2016, 09:52 AM
The ink is, for me, nearly worthless. I like the color as it's a nice powerful red, but the feathering problem--common to several Noodler's quick-dry inks--makes it unusable for me. On cheap paper, like copy paper or a steno pad, it dries quickly and feathers just a tiny bit. But if you have paper that you usually consider fountain pen friendly, it probably won't like this ink. I tested it with a somewhat wet pen on Rhodia, Claiefontaine, Tomoe, and Dot-Dash notecards and in all cases the width of the fine line doubled (and in some cases tripled) due to the feathering.

Agree in all senses

inklord
March 12th, 2016, 10:40 AM
goofy

Neo
March 12th, 2016, 11:04 AM
What is his YouTube channel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIXyBr3-af0