PDA

View Full Version : Montblanc Le Grand on Amazon

bulbboy
March 16th, 2016, 05:53 PM
I've been saving up for a Montblanc and can only go through Amazon (work rewards, etc)

Is this real? $374

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0018NWPDI/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_6?colid=3W221FL4GGO2P&coliid=I2ZK87FGJ446TN

Robert
March 16th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Ordinarily I would say it's legit, since it is listed on Amazon. HOWEVER - did you click on the link to "100% Authentic" ?? Looks like there is some bad feedback, including an allegation of selling fake Montblanc pens.

I would proceed very cautiously.

bulbboy
March 16th, 2016, 06:36 PM
I didn't click on their name, but I'll be passing if others have accused them. I'm surprised Amazon hasn't shut them down

mgab
March 16th, 2016, 07:05 PM
For new and cheaper montblanc I have used jomashop, I got a 149 and it was authentic, I even took it to a MB boutique to check and they just confirmed it, I wouldn't trust a seller with 2 stars

piscov
March 17th, 2016, 01:20 AM
The pen itself looks legit, but does not look like the picture of the actual pen being sold as is to professionally made.

Chrissy
March 17th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Reviews for the pen mention an internal piston several times, and the picture on the listing shows a Meisterstuck Le Grand pen with an ink window. So the pen pictured certainly looks legit. However, please bear in mind that the reviews are for previous sales for this pen, not reviews for this seller, selling this pen. It looks like a regular listing for a Mb Meisterstuck Le Grand that this seller has just latched onto.

The big question is: Is this seller sending out pens that look exactly like the one in the picture? His personal feedback is certainly poor. Out of two feedbacks he sent out one fake and got the second order wrong. So he's not in line for seller of the year or anything even close.

As long as you're happy in the knowledge that you will know instantly if its a fake and accept the fact that if he does send you a fake you will have to report it to Amazon, maybe return it at the sellers expense, and you will get a full refund, then it seems reasonable to go ahead.

welch
March 20th, 2016, 02:12 PM
I believe that Montblanc gets annoyed with any dealer that sells below "suggested retail price". That suggests either:

- the pen is not a Montblanc or
- the seller is not a dealer...at best, a gray market seller of Montblanc pens, but good luck if you need the pen serviced or repaired

As Chrissy says, nothing stops the seller from showing a standard Montblanc pen and shipping something else.