PDA

View Full Version : Diamine Music Set of ten colours - TigerPen Blog

Bogon07
December 17th, 2012, 04:48 PM
http://www.tigerpens.co.uk/blog/the-diamine-music-set-%e2%80%93-10-brand-new-fountain-pen-ink-colours/#more-5156

Maybe your favourite composer is in the list:
Composers are Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Handel, Mozart, Schubert, Strauss, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi & Wagner.
The labels have a very old fashioned look to them but classy like old record labels.

No Brian Eno, I'd imagine a very pale sky blue or turquiose for him.

Jon Szanto
December 18th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Two things:

1. It is a shame these ten can only be purchased as a set, as many (if not most) of them are very near to colors I already have.
2. Being a lifelong classical musician, who plays music by these guys not just for fun but as a profession, I have to say: none of those colors, for the most part, match up with what I know of these composers. I don't think it matters to most people, and it is just a marketing gimmick, but I can't look at, say, "Mozart" and that color. Just doesn't jive for me.

Having said that, I'm willing to bet in 6 months or so we'll be able to buy them individually. I might pick up an ink or two then.

The Good Captain
December 18th, 2012, 02:02 AM
My favourite of them is Tchaikovsky - the colour that is, not the composer. A great blue with shading.

fountainpenkid
December 18th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Mozart looks the same as Bach to me...

snedwos
December 18th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Mozart looks the same as Bach to me...
Bach is brown, Mozart is dark red.

fountainpenkid
December 18th, 2012, 05:46 PM
good. that makes sense.