PDA

View Full Version : Your Site Keeps Kicking Me Out

TooLoose
March 20th, 2016, 01:37 PM
I signed up today and have had some problems logging in (the second try works) and also when I am in, composing a thread, I get kicked out when I post it. In fact, I didn't realize my last post did take because I found myself looking at a "log in" screen when I hit ENTER. This has happened twice already today.

Any suggestions or possible explanations for this? Is there a ten minute time limit or anything like that? I sign into Flickr and can leave the page for hours and come back and I'm still signed in.

Thanks.

Anne
March 21st, 2016, 12:29 AM
As for getting kicked out, try checking the box that reads "Remember Me?" when you log in. It is just under the box you enter your username.

pengeezer
March 21st, 2016, 05:25 AM
If it's any consolation,when I'm writing a long post or have to stop to think of something for a
few minutes,the site will kick me out. I just finish and then hit "post quick reply" which brings
up a screen that tells me that I have to re-sign in again. All I do is put the 1st letter of my
moniker in and the rest is filled in and I'm back in again.

distracted_mom
March 21st, 2016, 07:21 AM
Hmm. I never get kicked out of here. Could it be browser settings? Do you get kicked out of any other forums or websites? Are you using your personal computer?

jar
March 21st, 2016, 07:36 AM
What browser and operating system are you using?

Flounder
March 21st, 2016, 11:58 AM
I'm using Windows 7 64 bit (with GWX to shut up the windows 10 shillamajig) and the latest version of Firefox, and have had the same issue since forever. I just accept it as part of the FPGeeks experience, same as not being able to keep track of threads you've posted in, or a hard to use mobile experience.

scrivelry
March 23rd, 2016, 07:42 AM
The site does not throw me out while I am doing something that I have noticed, but if I leave to go elsewhere it kicks me out even if I have clicked remember me. It did not always do this. I'm using Firefox and running Windows 8 without whatever Flounder is using that shuts up the incessant "Update to Windows 10 now! Now, I tell you!" messages.

No big deal to log back in, so it is not really getting in my way. Just adding info in case it becomes useful.

jar
March 23rd, 2016, 07:52 AM
Are you good folk accepting cookies?

Wile E Coyote
March 23rd, 2016, 08:37 AM
Are you good folk accepting cookies?

Anything without peanut butter.

I have no problems here with Win 10/Chrome. Or Android (current flavor (no, not the fruit currant)) with Chrome though the Tapatalk prodding is annoying.

Flounder
March 23rd, 2016, 12:11 PM
I'm accepting cookies. The issue doesn't really bother me - if I click 'reply' to a post and get the logged-out message, when I log back in my text is still in the forum's auto-saved whathaveyou, nothing has to be retyped.