PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Varsity Ink Colors

Lady Onogaro
March 22nd, 2016, 10:29 PM
Hi, Folks,

I love the turquoise in the Varsity ink set; does anyone know if Pilot sells this particular color in bottles or in cartridges? Or is it one of the Iroshizuku lines? I see that they sell red and purple in the cartridges, but I can't find the turquoise (unless I am not looking in the right place).

DaveBj
March 23rd, 2016, 08:57 AM
We had a short discussion of this on The Other Forum some months ago; the upshot was that the ink in the Varsities is not premium Pilot ink. As it happens, I'm using the turquoise V right now in my journal, and you're right -- it's a very nice color. When I write it dry, I will probably refill with a close Iroshizuku color.

Lady Onogaro
March 24th, 2016, 02:04 PM
Thanks, Dave. I see on Amazon that you can buy the Turquoise only pen, which is likely what I will do. I don't use the other colors enough to get the set.

rpsyed
March 24th, 2016, 08:46 PM
I've never used the turquoise but from the writing samples online, it does look very nice! I usually buy the 3-pack with black, blue and purple. Don't care much for black but the blue and purple are great. The purple in particular, I like a lot. I may have to try out one of the turquoise Varsity pens.