PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to buy ink from?

Music and Ink
March 26th, 2016, 11:51 PM
Goulet is super popular but are there cheaper places? Not that their prices are too high, I'm just curious because they are the only retailer I know.

mgab
March 26th, 2016, 11:57 PM
Goulet is super popular but are there cheaper places? Not that their prices are too high, I'm just curious because they are the only retailer I know.

You should also check:
Amazon
Goldspot.com (is where I buy the most), vanness(vanness1938.com)
andersonpens.com,
penchalet.com, it really depends on the ink that you want to buy, any example?

Music and Ink
March 27th, 2016, 01:00 AM

You should also check:
Amazon
andersonpens.com,

That's a nice list, thank you. Yes, actually, I'm trying to decide between X feather and Heart of Darkness. I don't want to buy both and Goulet is out of samples. And honestly, if I can get a good enough description of the two I will go off of that. I need one for cheap paper but without a huge dry time.

mgab
March 27th, 2016, 01:15 AM

You should also check:
Amazon
andersonpens.com,

That's a nice list, thank you. Yes, actually, I'm trying to decide between X feather and Heart of Darkness. I don't want to buy both and Goulet is out of samples. And honestly, if I can get a good enough description of the two I will go off of that. I need one for cheap paper but without a huge dry time.

I've never use any of those inks, actually the only noodler's ink that I've used is Apache Sunset, but for what I've heard of noodler's black (bulletproof) it would be good for your needs, however you should listen someone more experienced with noodler's ink

Chemyst
March 27th, 2016, 04:33 AM
I'm trying to decide between X feather and Heart of Darkness. I don't want to buy both and Goulet is out of samples. And honestly, if I can get a good enough description of the two I will go off of that. I need one for cheap paper but without a huge dry time.

You may wish to consider using Noodler's Black. It was specifically formulated for use on newsprint.

mrcharlie
March 27th, 2016, 10:11 AM
There are many online retailers. isellpens.com. hisnibs.com. more than I can remember. isellpens.com has sold ink samples, but seems to a) not have many samples in stock now (perhaps phasing that out?) and b) not be selling Noodler's so much (same?).

Andersonpens.com has samples of Noodler's Black, Noodler's X-Feather, Noodler's Bernanke Black, and 5 other Noodler's blacks, but are out of stock of Heart of Darkness samples as I type this.

Chi Town
March 27th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Personally, as of late I have been using Cultpens.com in the UK. I can buy their ink, I usually get Diamine, but they have a bunch, and get it shipped to the USA cheaper than buying the same ink in the USA and getting it shipped to my home! I know it sounds strange, but look into it

penwash
March 27th, 2016, 09:29 PM
I buy ink from Vanness Pens.
As long as my total purchase is more than $35, it's free shipping within US.
How do I get above $35? Rhodia pads, can't have too many of those.

Music and Ink
March 28th, 2016, 12:03 AM

I've never used a Rhodia pad. But I hear that they are absolutely the best.

penwash
March 29th, 2016, 02:13 PM

I've never used a Rhodia pad. But I hear that they are absolutely the best.

They really are, even the ink-blobbiest pen I have doesn't feather on a Rhodia pad.
Not really expensive either. I use No.12 Dot Grid pad for all of my writing samples because the size is perfect, I can just tear out the page and scan it:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1477/25273034281_08a5e959b7_z.jpg