PDA

View Full Version : Many lifetimes suppy of ink

Scrawler
March 27th, 2016, 10:44 AM
Last year I inherited a huge amount of ink, which added to my own collection left me with nearly 200 bottles, including some wholesale sized bottles. I have been randomly contacting people who show inky talent on the internet and giving it away. I am a bit disappointed that in some cases I was instantly unfriended on FaceBook by people who I selected to give ink to, immediately after they received their ink. It is not worth my while posting bottles from my relatively remote location. This coming Tuesday I will travel to the city to go to Ottawa Fountain Pen Society to distribute the remaining 120 bottles and samples. If any members are reading this, this is your opportunity to try a very wide range of inks.

Chrissy
March 27th, 2016, 11:38 AM
Last year I inherited a huge amount of ink, which added to my own collection left me with nearly 200 bottles, including some wholesale sized bottles. I have been randomly contacting people who show inky talent on the internet and giving it away. I am a bit disappointed that in some cases I was instantly unfriended on FaceBook by people who I selected to give ink to, immediately after they received their ink. It is not worth my while posting bottles from my relatively remote location. This coming Tuesday I will travel to the city to go to Ottawa Fountain Pen Society to distribute the remaining 120 bottles and samples. If any members are reading this, this is your opportunity to try a very wide range of inks.

I think those people who unfriended you as soon as they received free ink are really not very nice people. It seems like they were never 'friends' in the first place.

I'm sad that I can't be at the Ottawa FP Society. :cry: However, I wish you the very best. :)

Scrawler
March 27th, 2016, 05:14 PM

I think those people who unfriended you as soon as they received free ink are really not very nice people. It seems like they were never 'friends' in the first place.

I'm sad that I can't be at the Ottawa FP Society. :cry: However, I wish you the very best. :)

Thanks. I know people are not "friends" on social media. I "friended" people I did not know so that I could give them ink, in a sort of drive by PiF manner. I thought I could find more pen people nearby me.

fountainpagan
March 28th, 2016, 03:11 AM
Interested people, that is what they are.
I am sorry, too, I am not part of the Ottawa FP Society, but am happy they are to enjoy, and am sure be grateful, for such a wonderful gift.
Let us know.

Crazyorange
March 28th, 2016, 05:10 AM
Sad to hear about your experience. The Ottawa group is lucky to have you. What you're doing is a special treat.

Scrawler
March 28th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Sad to hear about your experience. The Ottawa group is lucky to have you. What you're doing is a special treat.

It is well over a year since I was last able to go to the city, so other than paying my dues (2 years overdue) they do not really have me. The drive is hard, in winter often impossible. They are having an "Inskstavaganza", which is the perfect occasion. I will probably have pictures later in the week.

While I am mildly sad for some young people who do not appear to appreciate encouragement, I am in no way put off, because I have been the target of a random PiF. Some unknown person sent me a pen that I could never afford myself. In this case I do not know who my benefactor is, or who to thank, so my thanks are to the fountain pen community as a whole.

Anne
March 29th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Scrawler, I also applaud your efforts and I hope it went well today!

Scrawler
March 29th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Scrawler, I also applaud your efforts and I hope it went well today!

Thanks Anne. I have just arrived back home. About 40 people got ink. The 3 people sitting close to me started hording the Diamine and De Atramentis as soon as I had my case unpacked. I had an 800cc bottle of Herbin Bleu Nuit and fortunately they were well prepared with bottles. The syringes I brought were hopeless for that, but someone brought an enormous syringe. I dread to think what it was for. They had a show and tell so lots of nice new pen acquisitions circulated. I got to try several fine and unusual pens. I think everyone left happy.

Sailor Kenshin
March 30th, 2016, 08:59 AM

Oh, dear...that's Facebook for you.

Did you happen to take a picture of all the ink bottles before you started giving them away? Now that would be a cool sight to see.