PDA

View Full Version : You stopped creative writing decades ago...what got you back into it?

RayCornett
March 30th, 2016, 11:50 AM
For me it was fountain pens. I kept wondering,,,,,,,,,why do I have so many, why do I keep getting more? Why don't I use them as much as I probably should? I think it was the universe's way of saying get back to the writing you used to do........

Deb
March 30th, 2016, 01:21 PM
I had a LiveJournal in which I wrote creative fiction. It ran for quite a few years and eventually dried up. I was all written out. As I became more and more involved with fountain pens I felt the urge to write about them, their history, their appearance, their performance and so on. I began a WordPress blog around five years ago and it has satisfied my necessity to write ever since.

R.A. Stewart
February 21st, 2017, 12:27 AM
My soul hurts and feels sick and sad when I'm not writing. I feel better when I am. Not always great, but better. And I finally decided, if I can't put in big blocks of time writing, I'll write with some of the bits of time I do have.

The intention I live by now, as far as writing goes, is to write one poem a day, with no concern about quality. I fail more days than not, but I succeed more days than I used to.

~Rich

Paddler
March 4th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Oh yeah. Writing is like a breath of fresh air.

Frank
March 11th, 2017, 09:48 AM
I went to a "Magnet" High School (Fame/Glee/etc...) in Philly for Creative Writing, and I took some courses while at college....
Communications Major (had to take English/Bizz Writing classes for credit).

I journal daily to keep track of students seen for tutoring/sales/bizz stuff/etc....
This got me "in the groove again" to writing verse and poetry from time to time. :)

Frank

eicart0523
July 3rd, 2017, 04:54 AM
I stopped writing about 20 years ago. It was shortly after I graduated from college. Since getting into fountain pens, it has reignited that passion to write.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

Sailor Kenshin
July 3rd, 2017, 09:58 AM
My soul hurts and feels sick and sad when I'm not writing. I feel better when I am. Not always great, but better. And I finally decided, if I can't put in big blocks of time writing, I'll write with some of the bits of time I do have.

The intention I live by now, as far as writing goes, is to write one poem a day, with no concern about quality. I fail more days than not, but I succeed more days than I used to.

~Rich

That's close to how I feel! The worst point was when I kicked myself out of my own office. I'm inching my way back now.

Cyril
October 24th, 2017, 02:19 PM
I tried to learn the caligraphy about 15- 17 years ago. and suddenly I am awake and I am now trying to give it a go. I am tring to learn spencerian writing. I have already improved into someting that I couln not ever imagine and I have compleately change my writing style. I am happy and i am sure i can improve it to a higher level. And then I am hoping to go into the Callygraphy area.