PDA

View Full Version : [B+] Limited Edition Edison Glenmont. Chilton Old Glory.

Asian8640
March 31st, 2016, 01:02 PM
https://imgur.com/a/GfJot

Note: Pictures taken on March 25th but I decided to re-grind the nib to make it finer amd smoother. That is why the writing sample/information page has a different date than the pen pictures.

This pen was purchased a few weeks ago from the Long Island Pen Show. My pre-determined purchase was an Edison Beaumont in Sapphire Flake XF, which I promtly ground down to half the size because it was too broad for an extra fine. While browsing, I came across the pen which I wish to sell today. Since I had also been considering a Glenmont at one point, I decided to purchase this one, which I also promptly ground down from a European fine to match my nib size preference. After these few weeks of ownership, I find that, despite similar nib size (#6 custom XF) and better writing characteristics (more mass to absorb vibrations from the cheap paper I use daily), I just don't find myself getting that sense of elation that I get when reaching for the Beaumont. As such, it is time to find a new owner who can appreciate this pen more than I can.

The pen was made for Fahrney's Pens in DC to commemorate the closing of the Chilton Pen Company. It was a Limited Edition with only 100 made. It was featured in Pen World Magazine at one point. List price of $300.

Manufacturer: Edison Pen Company

Model: Glenmont

Edition Number: 08/100 Engraved on cap finial

Materials: Navy Acrylic for finials and section. Red, white, and matching navy acrylic pieces in clear resin for the body and cap. Stainless steel ball clip. Engraved Chilton Pen Old Glory filled in silver color, not metal.

Filling System: International standard cartridge and converter

Nib: Custom ground XF JoWo Stainless Steel nib unit. Depending on whose scale you are looking at , this nib could be a fine if compared to Platinum nibs, XF by Pilot's standards or XXF by european standard.. Nib smoothness is smoother than a Platinum soft fine, but not butter due to how fine it is. Ink flow is a 7/10. Doesn't skip but it isn't a gusher.

Mass**: 17 grams

List Price: $300

My Price: $100 includes shipping via first class USPS. Price negotiable
Price changed from 230 to 185.

Asian8640
April 5th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Bump! Price reduced to $100 shipped.

Asian8640
April 10th, 2016, 06:34 AM
heraclitus682, If you do not answer any of the PM's I sent you for the past five days by today, I will not sell you this pen. You have ignored me for 5 days now. I know you have been on. It takes a minute at most to tell me what is happening on your end. I cannot ship without address and payment.

cjl1775
April 27th, 2016, 09:35 PM
PM incomming