PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Parker 51/61 Double WHAMMY!

stub
April 2nd, 2016, 08:01 AM
1950 Parker 51 Special.
USA.

1st year issue Burgundy with a ’50’ date code.

Octanium nib. F but quite wet so a real generous western fine. These were really nice nibs.

Hoop filler works great and pulls up a nice full fill. AND I HAVE ALREADY PRE-STAINED THE PLIGLASS SACK FOR YOU! How is that for service?! Actually you can still see your ink level pretty well in this one but it is stained.

Great shape. Cap looks new. I used this pen quite a bit over the last few years, a great writer.

Parker 61 MK III. C/C
UK Juicy M nib

Newhaven Nib! Box & papers. Stamped Leslie’s High Street 1977

The one you want. No fiddly capillary filler. This is like having a 61/45 hybrid. Easy to cycle water though and change inks in. Still in great shape, still has the arrow. Super pen and those English nibs which are just fantastic. They are wider, juicer and springier than their US made counterparts. This one is pretty springy and you can see the tines open with a little pressure. Of course with the hood in the way there is only so far you can push it but 61s are known to be dry fiddly pens, often missing the arrow or the hood all distorted or cracked. This one is not. In really nice shape. Hood is perfect. Great writer. I love this pen but can’t get past the color (gold and teal is perhaps my least favorite combo and some how manage to keep getting teal and gold pens)

$110 + actual shipping

stub
April 2nd, 2016, 10:04 AM
$110 + actual shipping

for both pens. sorry that was unclear (that was the whammy part i guess haha)