PDA

View Full Version : Because I'm not a smoker ...

Haefennasiel
April 3rd, 2016, 09:56 AM
As an asthmatic penthusiast, I have very little access to cigar boxes to use as pen storage. But because I love chocolates and I love re-purposing ...

What I love about the box is the plastic insert for the chocolates also has grooves which can keep the pens in place. For now, I'm using a piece of flannel cloth as a temporary lining.

xhomerx10
April 3rd, 2016, 11:24 AM
As an asthmatic penthusiast, I have very little access to cigar boxes to use as pen storage. But because I love chocolates and I love re-purposing ...

What I love about the box is the plastic insert for the chocolates also has grooves which can keep the pens in place. For now, I'm using a piece of flannel cloth as a temporary lining.

Thank you. What a wonderful idea! I wish I had saved my easter chocolate box now ;( Usually I simply recycle.

Haefennasiel
April 3rd, 2016, 11:31 AM
Well, there are birthdays and Christmas. I'm sure you'll find something. :)

Marsilius
April 3rd, 2016, 02:47 PM
Just be careful you don't get confused and break a tooth on one of those things.

Peterg
April 4th, 2016, 03:42 PM
I managed to buy half a dozen light plastic boxes with pen inserts that fit the smaller Ferro boxes. It was hard work but I now have half a dozen display boxes for ten pens (& need to go on a diet!). Some of them are even hinged.

Haefennasiel
April 4th, 2016, 08:57 PM
I managed to buy half a dozen light plastic boxes with pen inserts that fit the smaller Ferro boxes. It was hard work but I now have half a dozen display boxes for ten pens (& need to go on a diet!). Some of them are even hinged.

Better a diet than bad lungs, I guess. :)

texasshipagent
April 9th, 2016, 11:51 PM
Am not a smoker or drinker but I did learn our local boutique liquor store has a high end cigar collection and you can buy the boxes anywhere $.50 to $5.00 depending on the quality , some are super nice on the more expensive cigars and if really crafty could be refinished / distressed into a near pen box with no reference at all to cigars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VertOlive
April 10th, 2016, 12:03 AM

Oh! What are the two little pens in the lower left hand corner?

Haefennasiel
April 10th, 2016, 12:08 AM
Inoxcrom Daisy pens.

Haefennasiel
April 10th, 2016, 08:46 AM
Am not a smoker or drinker but I did learn our local boutique liquor store has a high end cigar collection and you can buy the boxes anywhere $.50 to $5.00 depending on the quality , some are super nice on the more expensive cigars and if really crafty could be refinished / distressed into a near pen box with no reference at all to cigars

A pity there aren't that many high-end liquor stores in my part of the world. So I just make do with what I have. Besides, this box was free. :)