PDA

View Full Version : Pen Posse Re-saccing Edition

AltecGreen
April 4th, 2016, 08:39 PM
It's time. I hope no heads explode. We will do some basic pen re-saccing at the Posse as requested.

Sunday April 10th

1:00 pm

Peter's Cafe

10 El Camino Real

Millbrae, CA 94030

Farmboy
April 4th, 2016, 09:04 PM
It's time. I hope no heads explode. We will do some basic pen re-saccing at the Posse as requested.

Sunday April 10th

Peter's Cafe

10 El Camino Real

Millbrae, CA 94030

Anyone got those Waterman J-Bars?

AltecGreen
April 4th, 2016, 09:58 PM

Sunday April 10th

Peter's Cafe

10 El Camino Real

Millbrae, CA 94030

Anyone got those Waterman J-Bars?

You're getting started early.

katherine
April 5th, 2016, 11:16 AM
I thought watermans had boxes?

I'm way too newb at this to even know if this is a troll. :<

lsmith42
April 5th, 2016, 07:56 PM
I thought watermans had boxes?

I'm way too newb at this to even know if this is a troll. :<

We can confirm that The Farm is full of trolls...

Darkbulb
April 5th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Would it be seen as "bad manners" if I bring two pens I am having trouble with to also see if there is someone there who might either help me or point me in the right direction?
I'm completely new to all of this so I'm fearing it might be a "it's me..not the pen"-situation.

Parker 25 RB: Cartridge stuck in the pen, and
Ballograf FP from Sweden: Got the ink cartridges...but no ink goes to the nib.

AltecGreen
April 5th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Would it be seen as "bad manners" if I bring two pens I am having trouble with to also see if there is someone there who might either help me or point me in the right direction?
I'm completely new to all of this so I'm fearing it might be a "it's me..not the pen"-situation.

No problem. Just bring them.

Jon Szanto
April 5th, 2016, 09:07 PM
If I was there I'd bring a Wahl Bantam. Just because.

Farmboy
April 6th, 2016, 12:38 AM

No problem. Just bring them.

No problem he says--Ricky practices the best form of pen repair. I call it Delegation. Ricky takes the pen and says, "Here, fix this."

Farmboy

Farmboy
April 6th, 2016, 12:39 AM
If I was there I'd bring a Wahl Bantam. Just because.
You want Bantam? I got Bantam. Wahl ya'all be showin up?

Darkbulb
April 6th, 2016, 10:32 AM
No problem he says--Ricky practices the best form of pen repair. I call it Delegation. Ricky takes the pen and says, "Here, fix this."

Farmboy

Lol. If I can come Sunday I'll bring them just in case it's some super easy five second thing :)

Darkbulb
April 11th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Thanks to all the friendly - and extremely knowledgeable - people at yesterday's meet up.
Being a complete newbie and never been to any gather like this one it was a great introduction to both people and pens.

Thanks also for the 'parting pen' I received when I was heading out - I actually used it the most today :)
http://i64.tinypic.com/wrxbt1.jpg

Also thanks for identifying the issue I had with my Swedish Ballograf below...turns out the pen is probably ok but the ink cartridges that I had received with was not the correct ones.
If anyone can remember....as my memory is now failing me....but I think what the pen needs is "international standard" cartridges or a converter?
If so would it be possible to send me a link to where I can buy either or so I get the right size/shape for the pen as I'd love to get it writing? :)

Thanks again all,
Richard

http://i66.tinypic.com/2prtf75.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/28hg5z5.jpg

Farmboy
April 11th, 2016, 07:44 PM
I found some cartridges, show up next time and you can have them.

Todd

Darkbulb
April 12th, 2016, 06:24 PM
I found some cartridges, show up next time and you can have them.

Todd

Thanks Todd!

Also - I was able to get a half-cartridge by pure luck: :)
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/15887-The-Swedish-Ballograf-pen?p=167492&viewfull=1#post167492