PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Used/Beater VP/Decimo (F or EF nib, any color)

katherine
April 8th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Hey FPGeeks!

I'm looking to get my first "capless" pen. I figure it's worth a shot for quick note taking at work... But I'm worried the clip will be uncomfortable. So I'm looking to buy a hopefully cheap used VP. My criteria are F or EF nib, and that it works. I don't mind dents, scratches or even weird experimental paint jobs. :)

I don't have preferences on gold vs steel nibs. And I'd like to stay below the price of a steel-nib VP from eBay/Japan (~$80ish).

Thanks! :D

FOUND ONE! THANK YOU!

Lady Onogaro
April 8th, 2016, 12:31 PM
I think all the VPs and Decimos have gold nibs.

katherine
April 8th, 2016, 12:34 PM
There seem to be steel nibbed ones in Japan that run about $70-80 on eBay.

Curtisvan
April 8th, 2016, 12:44 PM
The VP and Decimo come with steel nibs also. The steel nibs are not bad at all. The clip has never bothered me. At present I use my Fermo which is heavier than the VP. I like the weight.

bluesea
April 8th, 2016, 02:56 PM
One thing I didn't do *before* my short lived VP ownership, was to check my thumb and forefinger placement on a regular pen sized similarly by girth. Masking tape to mark out VP clip placement would help. Really wanted to love that pen, both aesthetically and functionally, but I got the first without the latter, although its a sweet writing pen. Actually I could make it work, but didn't think the unnatural change in grip was worth it in the long run.