PDA

View Full Version : Alternate nibs for a TWSBI Mini/Classic

RoyMoh
April 8th, 2016, 12:34 PM
This is my first post here, so I am not sure this is the correct place for this.

TWSBI Classic that has an EF nib that I damaged, I like the pen though and I understand it has a #4 nib. But I have never really liked any Jowo nib I am not all that into getting a new nib from TWSBI, especially since replacing the nib on the TWSBI Classic requires fitting the nib into the section.

I am interested to know what other pens have #4 nibs? I have fiddled with pens for a some time but only recently did it occur to me that I could swap parts from other manufacturers.

So first where can I acquire a good #4 nib?

Second what other pens have a #4?

and finally does it have to be a #4 to work?

Thanks.

TSherbs
April 8th, 2016, 01:05 PM
I thought it was a #5 nib.

RoyMoh
April 8th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Philip Wang at TWSBI informed me by email last night that it was a #4.

However if a #5 works that is interesting.

TSherbs
April 8th, 2016, 01:57 PM
ok. The nibs come in their collars, anyway. So it is the collar that has to fit, foremost. I have not put other nib units in my TWSBI Mini. But I have put my TWSBI nib unit on a Sheaffer True Writer.

RoyMoh
April 8th, 2016, 07:19 PM
That is the issue, to install a new nib on my TWSBI Classic I will have to swap the nib, and possibly feed, because the TWSBI sells only the mini feed holder/collar which doesn't fit or match the Classic, though they share a nib.

TSherbs
April 8th, 2016, 08:00 PM
If you don't get any suggestions here, try over at FPN. They have a nib-swapping thread and list.

carlos.q
April 9th, 2016, 09:37 PM
If you don't get any suggestions here, try over at FPN. They have a nib-swapping thread and list.
Which you will have some trouble to find as, for some unknown reason, repeated calls to pin the thread have been ignored. :noidea:

TSherbs
April 10th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Here is one helpful thread over at FPN. http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/294568-screw-in-nib-units/

Not particularly organized, but a good bit of information.