PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

Estilografico
April 10th, 2016, 09:59 PM
So, I know this is part of a noob training but it hurts!! I droppeb my beloved sheaffer targa and the tip of the nib bent. I'll show you a before and after. Do you think it can be repaired or I need a replacement. I have read that inlaid nibs are hard to find or repair.

earthdawn
April 10th, 2016, 11:08 PM
It can be fixed but you need a nibmiester to do it. It is not as bad as it looks.

Based on your location I don't know anyone there that works on them though.

Estilografico
April 11th, 2016, 07:16 AM
Thank you for the answer earthdawn. I will try to look for a nibmiester in USA.

dannzeman
April 11th, 2016, 07:22 AM
You rang? (https://Nibsmith.com)

Flounder
April 11th, 2016, 10:42 AM
So, I know this is part of a noob training but it hurts!! I droppeb my beloved sheaffer targa and the tip of the nib bent. I'll show you a before and after. Do you think it can be repaired or I need a replacement. I have read that inlaid nibs are hard to find or repair.

The caveat around truly inlaid nibs such as the Targa's is that they can't be retipped, as the section is molded round the nib and would melt at retipping temperatures. Your tipping survived the fall, so you should be okay. The bend in the gold should roll out okay once the feed is removed.

Crazyorange
April 11th, 2016, 10:46 AM
You rang? (https://Nibsmith.com)
Oh no....not the shaeffer you got from dad. ☹️

Dan is the man. He does awesome work.

Silverbreeze
April 11th, 2016, 06:12 PM

Here Stateside I would email our Own Dan who replied above, Pendleton Brown or Mike Masuyama

All do amazing work with Nibs.

Masuyama-sama may still be in Japan dealing with his mother's estate and such so you will get faster replies from Dan and Pendleton

scrivelry
April 12th, 2016, 12:02 PM
I agree - for a treasured pen, a well-recommended nibmeister is the way to go. I can't add anything to the list because, er, most of my pens are, well, let us just say that one would not bother with a nibmeister for most of my pens...

katherine
April 12th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Pens that you can't bother with a nibmeister -- try to work on them yourself! :D