PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Amazonas PAM-8000 Set

TheGreyling
April 11th, 2016, 01:53 AM
Greetings Nibophiles and Penites. A shame there doesn't seem to be a proper word for pen collectors, but I'm sticking to those!

I've recently come into possession of a Platinum Amazonas fountain pen in green Surinam Toad leather (PAM-8000). Every check I can do confirms the pen's providence but where I struggle is that it is in a presentation box set of three, alongside a ballpoint and propelling pencil in the same leather. I can find no reference to any such set being made! Perhaps that's not odd given the age?

Has anyone come across such a set before? I'm happy to post pictures if there is any interest or it would help. It will have to be end of the week though, when I return home, so this might be a bit of a tease.

I did read the FAQs and there doesn't seem to be any rules on asking for a price check, so if anyone has any idea I would be grateful. I can't find any recent auctions as guidance. All appear to be in working order (the FP definitely is) and in reasonable condition. Some discolouration from use on the ballpoint.

Thanks for any help and happy to field any questions if anyone has any. First post as well so if I've committed any faux pas, forgiveness and correction gratefully received.

Grey

jar
April 11th, 2016, 07:46 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Picture would be great if you can, particularly if they show how the leather held up with almost a half century of use.

Anne
April 12th, 2016, 11:59 PM
Welcome Grey! :) Congratulations and Good Luck with your pen set. You came to the right place to ask for assistance.