PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Quartet of Parker UK Duofolds

stub
April 11th, 2016, 04:32 AM
4 Sqweezy Duofolds of the smaller variety.

You know these. Super sturdy workhorse mid-century UK Aerometric Parkers. These rule. So rubust and great nibs!

Just wonderful pens but too small for me. I have a Maxima (thank you Carl!) that these days it never leaves my pocket. I don’t see myself picking up one of these smaller pens so long as I have my Green Maxima inked so hopefully on to a new home …

If you have somewhat smaller hands these are really great pens.

1. Blue Junior with juicy Medium nib with very clear sac (slight pink tint, I had Aurora Black in these pens, which (FYI) does not stain pli-glass sacs)

2. Black Junior with dry Medium nib with very clear sac (same as above). This pen needs to have the tines opened up. Very Dry.

3. Black Slimfold with juicy Bold nib with very clear sac (very slight greenish tint). This pen has a great nib.

4. Blue Slimfold with juicy M nib with blue tinted sac (you can still see the ink level easily).

2 Blue, 2 black, 2 Slim-folds, 2 Juniors

All 4 pens, $70 shipped.

USA folks, I am getting crushed with shipping. North America is generally expensive but the same package sent to Toronto Ca, is $10-$12 more to, say, Buffalo NY. I have no idea why this is but USA peeps, sorry, I have to charge you a bit more for shipping or you have to forgo the EMS with tracking. It is just too expensive. I lost a ton of money on my last sale. Still, wife is happy there is one less pen box in the cabinet.

stub
April 11th, 2016, 05:26 AM

carlc
April 11th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Glad the Maxima has worked out for you!

Stub's a good guy to deal with - buy with confidence folks.

Hawk
April 11th, 2016, 06:46 PM
What are the sizes of the junior and slimfold?
Filling system?

stub
April 11th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Filling system?

All are Aerometric

The are both smaller pens.

The Junior is a touch over 12cm uncapped

The Slimfold is a smidgen past 11cm uncapped

Slimfold section is a little fatter than a wood pencil

The Junior is more standard girth but a little shorter than, say, a 51.

I don't have calipers so I can't really do anything but eyeball.

stub
April 11th, 2016, 08:36 PM
Glad the Maxima has worked out for you!

Many many thanks Carl.

I adore that pen. It has not left my pocket since I got it. Really a pleasure.
Not sure what it is about that nib but it is a joy and the pen is cozy and holds a ton of ink.

I love these UK aerometrics. Great workhorse pens. Incredible how many of these are still working after more than a half century.
cycle some water through it and 9 times out of ten they just fill and work straight away. Really overlooked these pens.

carlc
April 12th, 2016, 02:05 AM
Filling system?

I can't find the numbers but this picture may help.

http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/reference.php?id=42

stub
April 22nd, 2016, 04:23 AM
seriously 4 parkers? none wants?

stub
April 22nd, 2016, 04:24 AM
okay price drop ...

I have a Maxima, never not using that pen so would love to move these on ...