PDA

View Full Version : Hello from The Netherlands

rappard
April 11th, 2016, 04:59 AM
Hi everyone!

Signed up over at fountainpennetwork.com about a year ago, but never liked it much because of some of its design choices:
* GeoCities 1998-like look
* Automatic title casing of thread titles
* Annoying interstitial ads, breaking up threads

And then certain Pen Economics blog posts came along, and I decided I was done. Pity: it's probably still a great resource due to the sheer number of members, but nowadays I just use the google site:... operator whenever I need to consult it.

Then I briefly looked at fountainpenboard.com, but (no offense meant to David I.):
* Vintage seems to be its main focus - not my cup of tea
* Again, the ugly stylesheet/design
* It looks a wee bit smaller than this forum

So here I am! ;-) I'd say that between this board and /r/fountainpens/, my fountain pen nerdery is pretty well-met.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: current interests are mostly Japanese fine nibs and Sheaffer inlaid nibs.

--Martin

VictorTurcanu
April 11th, 2016, 06:09 AM
Hey rappard! Welcome, I'm new here as well and I feel like home! ;) Enjoy your time!

jar
April 11th, 2016, 07:31 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Estilografico
April 11th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Hello, Rappard. Welcome home!! :D I'm also pretty new with this hobby. I own a Lamy Vista and yesterday my father gave his Sheaffer Targa with an inlaid nib. Their great, by the way.

Anne
April 11th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Hello and Welcome Martin! :)

Hawk
April 11th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Welcome.

VertOlive
April 11th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Welcome, Martin. My husband hails from Assen in Drenthe. I have one Sheaffer inlaid nib and it's a "keep forever" pen!

Wahl
April 17th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Hi Martin, :welcome:

southpaw52
April 17th, 2016, 01:27 PM
Welcome Martin, glad you have found this forum enjoy.

Bisquitlips
April 19th, 2016, 11:43 PM
Welcome from Missouri!

Glad your are here!