PDA

View Full Version : Do You Post Your Visconti Wall Street Pens?

StacyBean
April 11th, 2016, 06:37 PM
I'm wondering if it will damage the celluloid to post it.

Chrissy
April 12th, 2016, 02:08 AM
There have been many threads about this subject for all brands. Fountain pen users are usually either posters or non-posters, and what brand the pen is tends to be immaterial.

If you have a small pen and it feels really small in your hand, then you may want to consider posting the cap. However, the risk is that doing so might damage the barrel, especially when the cap has screw threads, or an insert inside it.

I personally never post any fountain pens that haven't got a screw thread on the barrel end that is intended to post the cap onto (e.g. Montblanc Boheme) because I don't wish to risk damaging any of my pen barrels.

However, they are your pens so it's your decision. :)

dannzeman
April 12th, 2016, 05:54 AM
I've never hesitated to post a pen. It's been a while since I've done so, but the last time I saw this topic pop up I looked at all the barrels on my pens and couldn't detect any sign of scratching or damage.

SteveE
April 12th, 2016, 07:08 AM
I'm with Chrissy on this one. If I have a pen with threads to hold its cap posted, then I will post it. Otherwise, if a pen feels well balance un-posted, then I won't post. Since I buy primarily over-sized pens, I usually don't even worry about posting. I don't have too many pens that are so pristine that I would worry about marks, but the few I do have that are so nice are well-balanced un-posted.

StacyBean
April 12th, 2016, 07:46 AM
Thanks for your responses. I have visited previous discussions on this subject in the past. The Wall Street is my only celluloid pen and I didn't know if it was less durable than "precious resin".

Dannzeman: The absence of any scratches on any of your pens is a significant finding indeed.
Steve E and Chrissy : Thanks for offering a different approach and perspective. I'm inspired to ink up my hibernating Boheme.

TAYLORPUPPY
June 26th, 2016, 02:10 PM
I don't post any pens; not for scratching reasons. I just prefer to put the cap aside.

Hawk
June 26th, 2016, 02:49 PM
I post my pens and do not worry about it.

KKay
June 26th, 2016, 04:03 PM
The only pen I don't post is my Edison Collier. I prefer to post by far.

ChrisC
July 19th, 2016, 09:52 PM
It won't damage the celluloid, but jamming it on too hard will crack the cap eventually. just be gentle.

I find Visconti pens don't post well, and seem to be designed to be nicely balanced without posting.

Llewellyn
July 20th, 2016, 03:50 AM
It won't damage the celluloid, but jamming it on too hard will crack the cap eventually. just be gentle.

I find Visconti pens don't post well, and seem to be designed to be nicely balanced without posting.

I'm a non-posting Visconti owner and I agree with Chris that they seem better balanced when not posted.

Nakayama
July 20th, 2016, 08:22 AM
I never post any of my Visconti pens. Actually I never post any of my pens.
The main reason is that I find them well balanced unposted (WallStreet, Homo Sapiens Oversize, Voyager and even the Rembrandt which is a bit nib-heavy). Not too worried about damaging my Homo Sapiens (seems tough enough) but I never let anyone post my WallStreet.

Bogon07
July 21st, 2016, 02:29 AM

I'm a non-posting Visconti owner and I agree with Chris that they seem better balanced when not posted.

Exactly. They're usually too unbalanced or unwieldy posted.