PDA

View Full Version : New Montblanc Cartridge Fountain Pen

alistaird
April 14th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Hi all

Its been s long time since I bought a new fountain pen and even longer since I bought a cartridge loader (my other 2 MB fountain pens are piston.)

So I've just bought a Boheme and some MB Oyster Grey cartridges. It took a while to get some ink to flow and I've tried for a day to take notes and its still very patchy and very reluctant to start. If I hold an absorbent paper towel to the top of the nib it doesn't suck much ink up at all.

Is this normal and will it improve or is it time to send it back yo MB?

Thanks

A

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

alistaird
April 14th, 2016, 05:11 PM
I should add that it's an OB nib and im used to round nibs on my other pens.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

jar
April 14th, 2016, 07:07 PM
OB may require the user to learn not to rotate the nib away from the sweetspot. Also on the little Bohemes I find after one has been unused for a while it can take a day to get fully saturated and working fine. Leave it nib down over night and see how it feels in the morning.

alistaird
April 14th, 2016, 11:49 PM
OB may require the user to learn not to rotate the nib away from the sweetspot. Also on the little Bohemes I find after one has been unused for a while it can take a day to get fully saturated and working fine. Leave it nib down over night and see how it feels in the morning.

Thanks for the advice, will try those two suggestions and see how I get on.

A

alistaird
April 15th, 2016, 02:22 PM
All

Tried the above suggestions, the pen writes worst on MB paper which is strange. And the 'sweet spot' of the nib is very very narrow which makes it almost impossible to use consistently so I think it's back to the shop for either a new nib or an adjustment...

A

jar
April 15th, 2016, 02:56 PM
All

Tried the above suggestions, the pen writes worst on MB paper which is strange. And the 'sweet spot' of the nib is very very narrow which makes it almost impossible to use consistently so I think it's back to the shop for either a new nib or an adjustment...

A

Oblique nibs will have a small sweet spot and so unless you need it because you hold your pen funny Obliques are generally not the best choice. But the BB nib also requires you to not rotate at all.

alistaird
April 16th, 2016, 06:53 AM
It's going for a nib swap. The shop was confused as to why they had an OB in stock anyway...

A

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk