PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Sailor Kingdom Notes Tanna Japonensis ink...

HeresyHammer
April 14th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Dear FPGeekers,

I thought I'd take a shot in the dark because all my other resources have come up empty-handed. I'm wandering if anyone out there may have a bottle (or any amount for that matter) of the Sailor Kingdom Notes Tanna Japonensis. I've tried searching online, contacting my source in Japan, and following the Japanese auction sites. A while back, some people were offering samples and I'm down to one last fill up before my supply is exhausted. If you happen to have a bottle (new or opened) and would like to sell it, send me a PM.

Thanks,

HeresyHammer

Lady Onogaro
April 15th, 2016, 12:02 AM
I love that ink, too. I don't have it (used the sample I had). But I have to say that I've been using Diamine Safari, and it's pretty satisfying, even if it isn't exactly like the Kingdom Note version. You could check with Atsu at cool-japan on ebay to see if he can get a bottle of the Kingdom Note. If not, he has some other nice Kobe greens from time to time, like Kitano Olive. Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu is pretty nice, too.

migo984
April 15th, 2016, 12:37 AM
Whilst not the same as Tanna (I haven't found an exact alternative yet) Callifolio Olivastre is a very good olive green you might like to try. Or as Lady O says, Sailor Tokiwa-matsu is nice too. I'm not so keen on Safari myself; I find it too muddy.

mtnbiker62
April 15th, 2016, 03:20 PM
I have a bottle, but it is not for sale, unfortunately. R&K Alt-Goldgrun is similar (a bit more yellow). Sailor Nagasawa Kobe #34 is also quite similar (maybe a bit more green). Cool-Japan has been my source for the Nagasawa Kobe inks; send him a message, and see if he can get one of them for you.