PDA

View Full Version : Nibs.com

Kratos
April 16th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Has anyone had a bad experience with Nibs.com. I order a Nakaya pen and no QC or any type of inspection was ever done. Even thought they claim that every pen gets inspected and tested. Pen arrived and it is not working at all. I cleaned it and used monteverde ink to lubricate and still skips and sometimes stops writing. Very dissappointed in Niba.com for misleading.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

carlos.q
April 16th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Have you contacted them before posting this?

VertOlive
April 16th, 2016, 09:30 PM
Better get with them and have a talk, if you haven't already done so. I've never had a problem.

Waski_the_Squirrel
April 17th, 2016, 12:09 AM
I've only purchased one pen from them, so my experience is meaningless.

However, before criticizing them here in public...have you tried contacting them?

stub
April 17th, 2016, 12:39 AM
I bought one pen from them, so also somewhat meaningless, but I will say it was by far, the best out of the box experience i have ever had buying a pen in my life.

SIR
April 17th, 2016, 01:57 AM
Has anyone had a bad experience with Nibs.com. I order a Nakaya pen and no QC or any type of inspection was ever done. Even thought they claim that every pen gets inspected and tested. Pen arrived and it is not working at all. I cleaned it and used Monteverde ink to lubricate and still skips and sometimes stops writing. Very disappointed in Nibs.com for misleading.

May seem obvious, but must ask, you have tried at least two different papers?
Some pen/ink/paper combinations just seem to really not work sometimes.

By the way, from their website;
"Unless otherwise requested, every fountain pen and nib unit we sell is carefully examined, filled with ink, tested on paper, and then optimized for the individual writing characteristics of the end user before it is cleaned and shipped. We take care to make sure that the fountain pens you buy from us will not just be beautiful to look at, but will also serve you for enjoyable day after day use." - http://www.nibs.com/fountain-pen-and-nib-set-up-and-optimization.htm
So, that'd be the first point to bring up with them.

Kratos
April 17th, 2016, 02:11 AM
Has anyone had a bad experience with Nibs.com. I order a Nakaya pen and no QC or any type of inspection was ever done. Even thought they claim that every pen gets inspected and tested. Pen arrived and it is not working at all. I cleaned it and used Monteverde ink to lubricate and still skips and sometimes stops writing. Very disappointed in Nibs.com for misleading.

"Unless otherwise requested, every fountain pen and nib unit we sell is carefully examined, filled with ink, tested on paper, and then optimized for the individual writing characteristics of the end user before it is cleaned and shipped. We take care to make sure that the fountain pens you buy from us will not just be beautiful to look at, but will also serve you for enjoyable day after day use." - http://www.nibs.com/fountain-pen-and-nib-set-up-and-optimization.htm
I use Tomoe River paper. They informed me that I will have to mail it to them. Then it will take 2 to 3 weeks for them to work on it. I mean the hassle and shipping cost could have been saved if they did what they say they would. If they would have inked the pen and tested the pen. They would have realized that it is jacked up. I have a Homo Sapien that wrote right off the box. You would expect that the Nakaya would have done the same. Specially if Nibs.com did what they were supposed to. I don't know. I am very hesitant to send it back.

jar
April 17th, 2016, 06:19 AM

I use Tomoe River paper. They informed me that I will have to mail it to them. Then it will take 2 to 3 weeks for them to work on it. I mean the hassle and shipping cost could have been saved if they did what they say they would. If they would have inked the pen and tested the pen. They would have realized that it is jacked up. I have a Homo Sapien that wrote right off the box. You would expect that the Nakaya would have done the same. Specially if Nibs.com did what they were supposed to. I don't know. I am very hesitant to send it back.

First, there is no evidence or indication that they did not test the pen before shipping.

Second, they have said that if you send the pen back they will fix it.

Third, yes, I once had a bad experience with a custom nib adjustment on a new pen from them. The pen would dry out and be hard to start if left overnight. I contacted them and the said if I shipped the pen back they would fix it.

I shipped the pen back and they fixed it.

First I suggest that YOU try a few basics.

Switch to a Platinum cartridge (at least one came with the pen) and see if the problem continues. After using a full Platinum cartridge, tell us how it is doing.

gregamckinney
April 17th, 2016, 07:32 AM
Have you made more than zero mistakes in your entire life?
Would you like to be publicly pilloried for it/ them?
Give them a chance to make it right before you (an unknown entity on this board) bad-mouth them (a well-known and well respected seller.)

greg

jar
April 17th, 2016, 07:38 AM
Give them a chance to make it right before you (an unknown entity on this board) bad-mouth them (a well-known and well respected seller.)

greg

Three posts total, two whining and one asking for a lower price.

krazyklod
April 17th, 2016, 07:50 AM

greg

Well said!

I've always said that you can only ever tell the quality of customer service when something goes wrong, it's easy to be good when everything is going right.

bluesea
April 17th, 2016, 10:14 AM
Has anyone had a bad experience with Nibs.com. I order a Nakaya pen and no QC or any type of inspection was ever done. Even thought they claim that every pen gets inspected and tested. Pen arrived and it is not working at all. I cleaned it and used monteverde ink to lubricate and still skips and sometimes stops writing. Very dissappointed in Niba.com for misleading.

I wouldn't gang up so quickly on this poster. If his issues are accurate, that imo is pretty bogus. High frustration is understandable, and to a certain extent so is ill conceived public venting.

A Platinum 3776 I ordered from nibs.com, wrote well for a while at the beginning of any writing session, and then constantly went dry. It was sent back, I waited patiently, and it returned corrected. I might have been a bit less patient if it were a Nakaya. Have ordered from them two Pilot Falcons since.

Kratos
April 17th, 2016, 10:27 AM

greg
Mistakes happen when u buy a $100 pilot pen or Twsbi mini. When you buy a $600 pen. You expect the seller to do what they say they were going to do. If they did that, they would have caught the mistake and we wouldn't be here chatting about this. I understand your feeling this way because maybe you work for them or John is a good friend of yours. However, as a consumer paying $600 to $1000 for a pen I expect them to check it and to complete a QC. Specially since that is one of your selling points to the public.

After much research, I have found out that I am not the only facing these types of issues with nibs.com.

Listen, I am sharing my experience with FP aficionado so they don't make the same mistake or to know what to expect shopping at nibs.com. It seems as if you are taking it personal.

Kratos
April 17th, 2016, 10:34 AM
Have you contacted them before posting this?
I did. But I will have to sent it back, pay for shipping and wait 2-3 weeks to get it back. Such a hassle for something that should have been done initally.

Kratos
April 17th, 2016, 10:36 AM
I've only purchased one pen from them, so my experience is meaningless.

However, before criticizing them here in public...have you tried contacting them?
Yes. They want me to send it back and wait 2-3 weeks to get it back. The $20 shipping is not the issue. It's the hassle of it all on top of not beign able to uae my pen.

Deb
April 17th, 2016, 10:41 AM
This should be in Market Feedback where the appropriate rules apply.

Kratos
April 17th, 2016, 10:42 AM

First, there is no evidence or indication that they did not test the pen before shipping.

Second, they have said that if you send the pen back they will fix it.

Third, yes, I once had a bad experience with a custom nib adjustment on a new pen from them. The pen would dry out and be hard to start if left overnight. I contacted them and the said if I shipped the pen back they would fix it.

I shipped the pen back and they fixed it.

First I suggest that YOU try a few basics.

Switch to a Platinum cartridge (at least one came with the pen) and see if the problem continues. After using a full Platinum cartridge, tell us how it is doing.
I've tried that already. It is obvious that they did not check, tested or qc'd the pen. What do you think this blog is about? This is not my first fountain pen. I am a collecter and user of fountain pens. You name it I have it.

stub
April 17th, 2016, 10:47 AM
How is the pen "jacked up"?
How is it you are so certain it wasn't tested before it was sent out?
You aren't merely claiming here that the pen you got is not working or not how you like it, or whatever, you are claiming that they never inked, tested, or adjust the pen as the said they would. How do you know that? What precisely is wrong with the pen?
Could it have been "jacked up" (whatever that means) during shipping?

jar
April 17th, 2016, 11:00 AM
I've tried that already. It is obvious that they did not check, tested or qc'd the pen. What do you think this blog is about? This is not my first fountain pen. I am a collecter and user of fountain pens. You name it I have it.

It's not obvious that they did not check, test or qc the pen. Far from that.

I suggest yet again, switch to a Platinum cartridge and use that.

Stop using the converter for now and do YOUR due diligence.

If the problem continues simply return the pen along with writing samples showing the issue, but I still am convinced the issue is with the user, not the pen.

Kratos
April 17th, 2016, 11:03 AM
How is the pen "jacked up"?
How is it you are so certain it wasn't tested before it was sent out?
You aren't merely claiming here that the pen you got is not working or not how you like it, or whatever, you are claiming that they never inked, tested, or adjust the pen as the said they would. How do you know that? What precisely is wrong with the pen?
Could it have been "jacked up" (whatever that means) during shipping?
Good question. The pen skips constantly and sometimes doesn't even write. We are not talking about hard start. It just doesn't start. I would have to force ink from the converter so that it would start writing again. A paragraph later it will not write again. I very much doubt that shipping was the cause of this.

Kratos
April 17th, 2016, 11:24 AM

If the problem continues simply return the pen along with writing samples showing the issue, but I still am convinced the issue is with the user, not the pen.
The problem is the pen. That is for certain. The $20 shipping fee is not the issue. The issue is having to wait 2-3 weeks until I get to use a pen that should have been looked at prior to shipping. Specially if that's your selling point.

We can sit here and say it's the paper. Which I use Tomoe River paper. We can sit here and say it's me. Having more than 100 fountain pens everything from vintage to cutom pens. What ever excuse you want to make. If John did what he was supposed to we wouldn't be here having this discussion.

I've bought pens from Goutlet Pens, Peyton Street Pens, The Pen Market, etc. And never had issues such as this.

jar
April 17th, 2016, 11:57 AM

The problem is the pen. That is for certain. The $20 shipping fee is not the issue. The issue is having to wait 2-3 weeks until I get to use a pen that should have been looked at prior to shipping. Specially if that's your selling point.

We can sit here and say it's the paper. Which I use Tomoe River paper. We can sit here and say it's me. Having more than 100 fountain pens everything from vintage to cutom pens. What ever excuse you want to make. If John did what he was supposed to we wouldn't be here having this discussion.

I've bought pens from Goutlet Pens, Peyton Street Pens, The Pen Market, etc. And never had issues such as this.

Again, what you describe sounds far more like a surface tension issue, a user issue, than anything that would have shown up during the test and set up.

Stop using the converter, switch to the Platinum cartridge.

SIR
April 17th, 2016, 12:16 PM

Jar is right, run it in with the starter cartridge and then you will know for sure. Also, try it on some good old fashioned cheap copy paper, you may find it 'grips' the ink, and the nib, better. I've not used Tomoe but another often well thought of paper I have used a lot of (Rhodia Clairefontaine) is known to throw up some issues with certain pen/ink combinations (particularly very smooth nibs with wet inks) perhaps due to it's waxy surface.

Jon Szanto
April 17th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Cool - I've got over 100 pens, too! Three of them from Classic Fountain Pens, each transaction superlative. They have hundreds, maybe thousands of satisfied customers over the years, and the guy at the top of the food chain in that shop is one of the best people in pendom.

So, the last thing I'm going to side with is "yeah, this jerk didn't do what he was supposed to do". No evidence of that, and no track record of that kind of service. They offer to make it right (write?), with minimal turn-around, and still Mr. Grumpy isn't happy.

Well, this is what happens when you open your door to the public. I hope it gets sorted out, and I certainly am not changing my opinion of John or his staff or business ethics.

ethernautrix
April 17th, 2016, 03:28 PM
I typically use cartridges in my Nakayas. Yeah, sometimes I'll use the converter, but I have experienced that surface tension phenomenon where the ink gets stuck in the back of the converter. I haven't experienced that with a Nakaya in a long time, but if it were to happen again, I would probably just shake my pen to get the ink flowing again. And if the problem persisted, I would switch to a cartridge (I fill the cartridges with a syringe, so I can use my favorite inks).

I hope that's all the problem is. Good luck!

Crazyorange
April 17th, 2016, 04:15 PM
I've had several problems with expensive pens.

My last pen problem was a very expensive pen. Way over $600. There were problems with the feed. I sent the nib/feed unit and kept the cap/pen body with me. I paid like $8 to ship it with insurance, which is very reasonable and easy to pack. It was gone 2 and half months. Works like a charm now. Pain in the butt? Yes, but the seller treated me well and got a wonderful pen.

My $600 Visconti wouldn't write. That was after being tester by the seller. Seller told me he would correct the problem if I mailed the pen back to him. Rather I sent it to Dan smith, who fixed it and ground the nib into something interesting.

The interesting part about the Visconti.....when I dipped the pen, the nib worked. It was only a problem when filled with ink. Could it be that your pen was only dipped tested which masked the problem?

I believe its customary to pay for shipping when there's a problem. Or least that's what my experience has taught me.

As a collector we all hit these problems. Yeah, it sucks, but I think as collectors we know pen price doesn't necessarily guarantee a perfect pen. The seller is willing to fix it, which good. Maybe get the pen to a nib master and made perfect for you? Take lemons and make lemonade?

Robert
April 17th, 2016, 04:28 PM
I've purchased four or five pens from nibs.com. Never had a problem with this company. One pen did suffer a failure after the warranty period expired (piston became detached from the rod). John M. repaired it for free and didn't even charge me for return postage. Top drawer outfit, in my book.

tandaina
April 17th, 2016, 04:56 PM
This is a known issue with Platinum converters. I think I've given this solution on four or five threads now. If you want to use the converter do the following:
1. Disassemble converter, Google if you don't know how.
2. Cut open Platinum cartridge. This will be messy so do it in the sink in a bowl.
3. Fish out the little metal ball in the cartridge, this is the reason cartridges WORK and the platinum converters skip.
4. Stick little metal ball into converter and reassemble. Yes you'll get a little less ink in there but the dang thing will work without a single skip.

I own 3 Nakaya and various other pens bought from Nibs.com. Every platinum converter I own (8?) has this issue. Every one. It's a surface tension issue, it's a design issue, it is NOT Nibs.com's problem. Fix it yourself or don't use the converter.

Now if that doesn't solve the issue there's something else going on. But it has solved it for every single one of my Nakaya and Platinum pens. Every one.

Kratos
April 17th, 2016, 09:31 PM
Cool - I've got over 100 pens, too! Three of them from Classic Fountain Pens, each transaction superlative. They have hundreds, maybe thousands of satisfied customers over the years, and the guy at the top of the food chain in that shop is one of the best people in pendom.

So, the last thing I'm going to side with is "yeah, this jerk didn't do what he was supposed to do". No evidence of that, and no track record of that kind of service. They offer to make it right (write?), with minimal turn-around, and still Mr. Grumpy isn't happy.

Well, this is what happens when you open your door to the public. I hope it gets sorted out, and I certainly am not changing my opinion of John or his staff or business ethics.
You obviously missed the point and I will not feed to the ignorance. Ask a friend to read the blogs and have them explain what's the issue. Your love for John has clouded your judgement and mind.

Kratos
April 17th, 2016, 09:38 PM

Again, what you describe sounds far more like a surface tension issue, a user issue, than anything that would have shown up during the test and set up.

I am currently using cartridge. That was the first thing I tried. I am going to have to mail it to get it fixed. Anyone other than nibs.com that you would suggest?

Kratos
April 17th, 2016, 09:43 PM

Jar is right, run it in with the starter cartridge and then you will know for sure. Also, try it on some good old fashioned cheap copy paper, you may find it 'grips' the ink, and the nib, better. I've not used Tomoe but another often well thought of paper I have used a lot of (Rhodia Clairefontaine) is known to throw up some issues with certain pen/ink combinations (particularly very smooth nibs with wet inks) perhaps due to it's waxy surface.
But that's what I was getting at. If QC was done. I wouldn't be dealing with this.

I have tried the cartridge. However, it continues to skip. I should not have to shake the pen every 2 minutes just to use it. Specially a Nakaya bought from someone who supposedly "inspects every pen".

Damage is done. Never again will I buy a pen from nibs.com. For now, if you recommend someone that would check the pen out for me. I would appreciate it.

Jon Szanto
April 17th, 2016, 09:43 PM
You obviously missed the point and I will not feed to the ignorance. Ask a friend to read the blogs and have them explain what's the issue. Your love for John has clouded your judgement and mind.

Bite me. If you want examples of ignorance, just scan some of your posts for basic grammar and sentence structure. You have given absolutely no proof that the pen wasn't looked at, numerous people have already pointed out an obvious possible issue (and no need for me to restate that), and your boorish behavior of calling out a well-known business with little to stand on, along with petulant behavior just seals the deal.

So, yeah, bite me. I hope you get both your pen and your attitude fixed.

Kratos
April 17th, 2016, 09:48 PM
I've had several problems with expensive pens.

My last pen problem was a very expensive pen. Way over $600. There were problems with the feed. I sent the nib/feed unit and kept the cap/pen body with me. I paid like $8 to ship it with insurance, which is very reasonable and easy to pack. It was gone 2 and half months. Works like a charm now. Pain in the butt? Yes, but the seller treated me well and got a wonderful pen.

My $600 Visconti wouldn't write. That was after being tester by the seller. Seller told me he would correct the problem if I mailed the pen back to him. Rather I sent it to Dan smith, who fixed it and ground the nib into something interesting.

The interesting part about the Visconti.....when I dipped the pen, the nib worked. It was only a problem when filled with ink. Could it be that your pen was only dipped tested which masked the problem?

I believe its customary to pay for shipping when there's a problem. Or least that's what my experience has taught me.

As a collector we all hit these problems. Yeah, it sucks, but I think as collectors we know pen price doesn't necessarily guarantee a perfect pen. The seller is willing to fix it, which good. Maybe get the pen to a nib master and made perfect for you? Take lemons and make lemonade?
I agree with you. However, you have trolls that drink Johns koolaid to the point that they don't respect peoples PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. They constantly make excuses to cover up faults.

For now, I am trying to get this pen fix. Do you recommend any nib master that I can send the pen for inspection? I will never buy or use from Nibs.com. lesson learned.

Kratos
April 17th, 2016, 09:55 PM

Bite me. If you want examples of ignorance, just scan some of your posts for basic grammar and sentence structure. You have given absolutely no proof that the pen wasn't looked at, numerous people have already pointed out an obvious possible issue (and no need for me to restate that), and your boorish behavior of calling out a well-known business with little to stand on, along with petulant behavior just seals the deal.

Yeah you are that guy. Your only contribution to the blog is grammar check. You are taking this more personal than I am. Is your best friend John?

I wanted to share my experience with pen aficionados. Here you come, like a troll, trying to discredit my experience as if you work for the men.

Grow one.

Kratos
April 17th, 2016, 10:00 PM

I forgot to mentioned. If the pen was really "inspected before shipping". Would we be having this conversation or issue? So what does logic tell you. There was no inspection or qc. If there was, the problem would have been addressed. Specially straight out of the box. 1+1 is 2.

Jon Szanto
April 17th, 2016, 10:15 PM
This one is special. A very special snowflake.

I'm well known around this blog forum, so I'm not concerned about some n00b casting aspersions on my motivations. As for CFP, I'd say their reputation speaks for itself.

After this thread, so will yours.

SIR
April 17th, 2016, 10:27 PM
If you recommend someone that would check the pen out for me, I would appreciate it.

Mike Masuyama.

:)

Jon Szanto
April 17th, 2016, 11:28 PM
Mike Masuyama.

Please be aware, as noted in this thread (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/15344-Mike-It-Work-Michael-Masuyama-temporary-stop-taking-new-work-(March-2016)), that Mr. Masuyama is not currently taking on new work due to family responsibilities.

Empty_of_Clouds
April 17th, 2016, 11:52 PM
Perhaps it's time to open a book?

Who'll give me odds on who Kratos really might be? :)

SIR
April 18th, 2016, 01:25 AM
Mike Masuyama.

Please be aware, as noted in this thread (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/15344-Mike-It-Work-Michael-Masuyama-temporary-stop-taking-new-work-(March-2016)), that Mr. Masuyama is not currently taking on new work due to family responsibilities.

Sorry, don't read every thread, though I should also have said, in agreement with the majority opinion, consider sending back to nibs.com to give them the opportunity to demonstrate their apparently (never used them myself, so wouldn't know) deserved reputation for considerate customer service; though, equally, I can understand why one might be hesitant to return to original supplier...

I remember a thread a few months ago on FPN regarding the generally unsatisfactory quality of 'expensive' pens going along the same lines...

Jon Szanto
April 18th, 2016, 01:29 AM
Sorry, don't read every thread...

Don't give it a second thought, as I'm certain that thread pre-dates your joining FPG anyway. I agree: we can't see it all, which is why I thought it prudent to point out that bit of info.

Crazyorange
April 18th, 2016, 03:55 AM

Jon, you make me smile. Thanks for adding humor to this over the top trolling thread.

Empty_of_Clouds
April 18th, 2016, 04:01 AM
Ooh, does Mr Mottishaw grind attitudes too? Must send mine in for a light buffing. :crazy_pilot:

Kratos
April 18th, 2016, 06:51 AM

Jon, you make me smile. Thanks for adding humor to this over the top trolling thread.
Thanks for your contribution to the blog. Stop drinking the nibs.com koolaid. Its got no sugar. Fool

Kratos
April 18th, 2016, 06:57 AM

So I am trolling for sharing my experie ce. Jon who tries to discredit my experience is not? Do you even know what a troll is?

jar
April 18th, 2016, 07:41 AM
So I am trolling for sharing my experie ce. Jon who tries to discredit my experience is not? Do you even know what a troll is?

Correct. Your story has not shown in any way any shortcomings related to nibs dot com.

Kratos
April 18th, 2016, 07:49 AM

Correct. Your story has not shown in any way any shortcomings related to nibs dot com.
You guys are not drinking the koolaid. You guys took the red pill.

I will continue to share my experience with other pen aficionados. So that they know what to expect when purchasing from nibs.com. You can continue trolling around blogs to try to discredit experiences and cover faults. Facts for people like you.

Wait. Do you work or in any way associated with nibs.com. Haha you are, aren't you? That's why you are taking this too personal. Silly clown. You just got caught.

Kratos
April 18th, 2016, 08:04 AM
This one is special. A very special snowflake.

I'm well known around this blog forum, so I'm not concerned about some n00b casting aspersions on my motivations. As for CFP, I'd say their reputation speaks for itself.

After this thread, so will yours.
So you are associated with nibs.com. How does that work? Do they pay you to browse the internet looking for negative experiences from nibs.com? Or is it per blog?

I'm a "noob" because I have a job. I don't go around looking to discredit peoples experience.

I share my experience. FACTS, not opinions. Unlike you who has a bias OPINION of nibs.com. You actually do a diservice to pen afficionados.

By the way. I have heard about you in FPN. You really are that guy.

Kratos
April 18th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Mike Masuyama.

Sorry, don't read every thread, though I should also have said, in agreement with the majority opinion, consider sending back to nibs.com to give them the opportunity to demonstrate their apparently (never used them myself, so wouldn't know) deserved reputation for considerate customer service; though, equally, I can understand why one might be hesitant to return to original supplier...

I remember a thread a few months ago on FPN regarding the generally unsatisfactory quality of 'expensive' pens going along the same lines...
SIR. Their customer service is great. No doubt about that. The comment I made was based on my most recent purchase of my Nakaya and how no QC or inspection was done. I wanted to inform other pen aficionados so that they are careful when ordering from nibs.com or what to expect when they order a pen.

The problem is when trolls appear and try to discredit your experience. Not only that but offend people in the process.

I have lost trust on nibs.com. At this point. I am willing to pay a different pen master to truelly look in to the pen.

gregamckinney
April 18th, 2016, 08:33 AM
Kratos, your "experience" is one data point. Sharing it really doesn't help anyone.
Get your pen fixed somewhere, and please GTFO.
greg

Crazyorange
April 18th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Doesn't this troll sound just like ging ging who renamed themselves after getting band several times?? This is sort of like "where is Waldo?" ....where is ging ging???

stub
April 18th, 2016, 08:55 AM
I will continue to share my experience with other pen aficionados. So that they know what to expect when purchasing from nibs.com. You can continue trolling around blogs to try to discredit experiences and cover faults. Facts for people like you.

One pen. Even if what you say is true your sample size is one pen.
Your one purchase does not inform anyone of what to expect from Nibs.com. All it tells them is that one pen got out or that one guy doesn't know how to use his pen.

Wait. Do you work or in any way associated with nibs.com. Haha you are, aren't you? That's why you are taking this too personal. Silly clown. You just got caught.

No need to get conspiratorial. All of us who have questions about your claims could not all work for nibs.com. That's a weird assertion.

Sailor Kenshin
April 18th, 2016, 08:59 AM

This is beginning to have a familiar ring...

Kratos
April 18th, 2016, 09:03 AM
One pen. Even if what you say is true your sample size is one pen.
Your one purchase does not inform anyone of what to expect from Nibs.com. All it tells them is that one pen got out or that one guy doesn't know how to use his pen.

No need to get conspiratorial. All of us who have questions about your claims could not all work for nibs.com. That's a weird assertion.
I am sure that there are more people that had bad experience with nibs.com. But people like you prevent them from speaking out.

Sailor Kenshin
April 18th, 2016, 09:04 AM

Depends what the over-and-under is. :)

Kratos
April 18th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Doesn't this troll sound just like ging ging who renamed themselves after getting band several times?? This is sort of like "where is Waldo?" ....where is ging ging???
I thought I was a "noob"? So you resort to insults when people make a point. Classy. How old are you?

Kratos
April 18th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Kratos, your "experience" is one data point. Sharing it really doesn't help anyone.
Get your pen fixed somewhere, and please GTFO.
greg
Are you looking for attention? Who invited you to the chat?

jar
April 18th, 2016, 10:12 AM
For folk reading this thread.

The good folk at nibs.com really do check each pen before it ships.

The problems the person who started this thread claimed is not something that would show up in that test.

Nibs.com did offer to fix the OPs issues but what the person describes is not a pen related issue but a well known issue found in many converter filled pens and often seen with Platinum converters.

There has been zero evidence presented to justify a claim that Nibs.com does not test pens before they are shipped out.

It's very likely that the poster who started this thread is a troll who has a history of registering under new names and initially making a flame style post.

You can either decide to listen to the person who started this thread or to all of the others who have far more actual experience dealing with nibs.com.