PDA

View Full Version : Hero 359, clip break

gbryal
April 18th, 2016, 01:44 AM
My Hero 359 resembles a Lamy Safari. It writes well, and hasn't had any problems until a few days ago when I clipped it to my shirt (not a thick shirt).

It broke right where the clip enters the cap; must be a weak spot with this pen. I haven't heard of the same happening with a Safari.

Well, now I need a replacement for a purple pen that looks like a Lamy Safari. Wonder where I can get one of those...

scrivelry
April 18th, 2016, 06:46 AM
I think all you can do is order another 359, sadly. There may be miracles to be worked here with epoxy, but never having used it I am no one to give advice on it.

The Jinhaos and the Lamys can share caps, but it is my understanding that the 359 cannot share caps with either.

deluxe
April 18th, 2016, 10:05 AM
I'd just bend a new clip carefully from an old stainless bicycle spoke. Various gauges are available to match the old clip.

gbryal
April 18th, 2016, 10:40 AM
The clip isn't actually broken, it's the plastic at the top. I will probably replace it with a Lamy Safari in Dark Lilac. Or not replace it at all. I could say, meh, it's $10, who cares. But I have never had the clip break on any of my other pens (though I have a lovely Waterman 94 that the clip broke on some time since the 1930s; I can cut it some slack).