PDA

View Full Version : A Greek Column surrouned by Birds

fountainpenkid
December 29th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Yes. You Heard that right! This is a review of the OMAS Paragon LE '90.
I forgot to write it on the review, but the ink used was J. Herbin Rouge Hematite. (very cool ink by the way.)
For the writing...click on the picture, then when it opens up in its own little window thing, click on it again, and view it as an attachment. Otherwise the writing is too small to read.
Hark! The Greek column is surrounded by birds!

Thanks for reading!

jar
December 29th, 2012, 01:34 PM
A Nice pen. The old style Paragon is a very nice choice but I've found that it often takes a couple days for the feed to get fully saturated. I don't find it all that big though, particularly when compared with the modern Milord or Paragon.

fountainpenkid
December 29th, 2012, 02:05 PM
A Nice pen. The old style Paragon is a very nice choice but I've found that it often takes a couple days for the feed to get fully saturated. I don't find it all that big though, particularly when compared with the modern Milord or Paragon.

Yeah...it was gigantic at first, but it has become smaller to my eyes and touch as time has continued. I let the feed saturate the first time, but it still was wayyy to dry when it wasn't flexed. I hope to get the Dama size pen, which is the same size as my Parker Slender Vacumatic, right?

jar
December 29th, 2012, 03:56 PM
The Dama is LITTLE, kinda Pelikan modern 300 size.

fountainpenkid
December 29th, 2012, 04:24 PM
The Dama is LITTLE, kinda Pelikan modern 300 size.

I drool over this picture sometimes...but as you can see, it is just a bit smaller than the m400...just like my slender vac: http://www.ciar-roisin.net/photos/SmallPens-01.jpg

Carole
December 29th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Beautiful, just beautiful, Will! I was talking about the photos and the review, btw. lol The pen, is just stunning! Congratulations! And hi to you too, jar! Happy new year to you both, two of my fave pen peeps, from the mean streets of Pasadena. ;)

jar
December 29th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Beautiful, just beautiful, Will! I was talking about the photos and the review, btw. lol The pen, is just stunning! Congratulations! And hi to you too, jar! Happy new year to you both, two of my fave pen peeps, from the mean streets of Pasadena. ;)

Hey Carole, you are just about to have the annual crushing of the greens on the street I think?

fountainpenkid
December 29th, 2012, 05:42 PM

Aww...happy New year to you as well! I'm glad you liked my review!

fountainpenkid
December 29th, 2012, 05:51 PM
For fun: 1576

Carole
December 29th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Hey Carole, you are just about to have the annual crushing of the greens on the street I think?

Yes indeed! Plus the annual crushing of the malted beverages on the sidewalks New Year's Eve. ;) Actually the Eve coincides with my birthday, but I was coerced into volunteering. (Not that I am bitter about it. ) Maybe I'll find something with the Geeks logo and take some 4 AM photos pre-launch. Make it a happy FP new year!

fountainpenkid
January 20th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I've had the pen for a couple months now...and it still is awesome, but, about 2 weeks ago, it started leaking out where the threads are. So I searched, and I found a great post by Hari on FPN about the servicing of these pens. OMAS didn't put silicone grease on the section threads when they made the pen, so after a little while, your pen will start to leak there. But the section easily unscrews (no heat or anything, just a bit of force), and you can put some silicone grease there. This feature also would make it easy to knock out the nib and feed and grease the piston. I wonder if the new paragons have this feature...(jar?). I think this would get the pens some marks down under the category "Factory Prep." No big deal though.

fountainpenkid
May 17th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Another update: nib collar cracked...it is growing...this may be a problem with more than just this pen, so maybe it is best to leave the nib attached to the section, screwed in were OMAS put it.