PDA

View Full Version : Hi.

edteach
April 19th, 2016, 08:06 AM
Hi all new to the forum. I really am not a FP collector but I have always wanted a vintage pen. My wife and I bought a set of dip pens, but I have wanted a FP for a while. I love all things vintage. I bought what I think is a burgundy Eversharp pencil and pen. I think the FP is symphony model. Lever looks like its in good condition. From what I have read it needs a new sack no matter what, is this correct? If so is it something I can do or should I send it in? What would the cost be? Also I read that I need to clean the Nib. Thanks for any help. I will post a picture of the pen I bought.

jar
April 19th, 2016, 08:19 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Yup, looks like your identification is correct. Nice pen. If you're new to pens I suggest just letting Danny Fudge (http://www.thewritepen.net/) restore it for you. He's fast, reliable and the cost would be only a little more than buying the tools and pieces parts yourself.

edteach
April 19th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Yup, looks like your identification is correct. Nice pen. If you're new to pens I suggest just letting Danny Fudge (http://www.thewritepen.net/) restore it for you. He's fast, reliable and the cost would be only a little more than buying the tools and pieces parts yourself.

Thanks for the fast reply. So is Danny a forum member or is there a web site I need to go to? Thanks.

jar
April 19th, 2016, 08:27 AM

Thanks for the fast reply. So is Danny a forum member or is there a web site I need to go to? Thanks.

Click on his name.

StWm
April 19th, 2016, 08:30 AM
Welcome to FPG! Nice pen!
You came to the right place.

Blue Note
April 19th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Hi all new to the forum. I really am not a FP collector but I have always wanted a vintage pen. My wife and I bought a set of dip pens, but I have wanted a FP for a while. I love all things vintage. I bought what I think is a burgundy Eversharp pencil and pen. I think the FP is symphony model. Lever looks like its in good condition. From what I have read it needs a new sack no matter what, is this correct? If so is it something I can do or should I send it in? What would the cost be? Also I read that I need to clean the Nib. Thanks for any help. I will post a picture of the pen I bought.
Hi edteach. There is a very good repair forum here if you need guidance. It can be tricky removing the section to get to the sac, especially if it has been lacquered in place. If it is just friction fit or screwed in it is fairly simple. Good advice from jar to let a pro do it if you are in doubt. Proceed with caution if you decide to tackle it yourself. Cheers.

Hawk
April 19th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Welcome.

Bisquitlips
April 19th, 2016, 11:40 PM
Welcome from Missouri!

Glad your are here!

Anne
April 20th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Hello and Welcome!:)
I agree with everyone else, if you are totally unfamiliar with the pen, you can't go wrong with having a professional care for it.
I have yet to send anything to Danny Fudge, but have communicated with him and he is a Very Decent Man.

VertOlive
April 22nd, 2016, 08:01 PM
Welcome and good luck with your new pen!

southpaw52
April 23rd, 2016, 08:36 AM
Welcome, great to have you here.

Wahl
April 24th, 2016, 11:30 AM
:welcome: