PDA

View Full Version : new member

Candioa
April 21st, 2016, 12:29 AM
heeeeey

I have a collection already, and a fondness of super ef and posting nibs. I use my pens for drawing mostly, or writing in my tiny daily planer. I'm a collector of all types of pens, I use my rollerballs and mechanical pencils even more than my fountain pens. Brush pens and ballpoints get time in as well.

my drawings:

http://ugmotaur.tumblr.com/

I'm currently looking for a restored esterbrook j, that's why I made my way here. If you got any leads that'd be appreciated.

DASEFnib
April 21st, 2016, 02:46 AM
Candioa.....
WELCOME to FPG!!!:)
My taste in nibs runs to EF/SEF/UEF, also!! Nibs of this size adorn most of the pens in my collection...
RE: a restored Estie J.....Scope out eBay, Etsy or FPG's own "For Sale" section!! My Estie collection started small -- and is growing steadily!!:)
Your drawings are really neat!! Me....can't draw a straight line without a ruler....!!!:) I leave THAT to my youngest daughter....she has her Mom's artistic talent...
And her Dad's (somewhat warped....) sense of humor....!!;)

Always try to get the dibs....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

Pira
April 21st, 2016, 03:49 AM
Hello and welcome :)

Love your artwork ~ wonderfully fluid and organic movement you capture there.

I am also a great fan of EF pens.

I second's DASEFnib recommendations. I've purchased some excellent restored Esterbrooks J's from DrickerWoodworking on ETSY if you need a recommendation for a reliable US seller ~ with reasonable shipping rates to Canada (if you need them)

distracted_mom
April 21st, 2016, 06:48 AM
Welcome and I hope you find that Estie. I received mine as a gift and I just love it. No hand fatigue with it at all.

jar
April 21st, 2016, 06:53 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Hawk
April 21st, 2016, 12:40 PM
Welcome.
Rick Kranz has Esties from time to time. Never bought a bad pen from him.

inklord
April 21st, 2016, 01:41 PM
Welcome! Brian Anderson of Anderson Pens restores Esties and has some for sale now and then.
http://www.andersonpens.com/esterbrook-pens-s/1829.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=1829&show=15&page=3

DaveT
April 21st, 2016, 05:38 PM
Hello and welcome from Indiana!

Anne
April 22nd, 2016, 01:55 AM
Welcome Candioa!:)
Cool flowers, characters, monsters and animals - you are very creative!

VertOlive
April 22nd, 2016, 07:56 PM
Welcome! What captivating beasties you've drawn!

Wahl
April 24th, 2016, 11:28 AM
:welcome: