PDA

View Full Version : I was at a vintage store today and ran across a combo pen by sheaffer

edteach
April 21st, 2016, 02:36 PM
I saw it and loved how it looked. It was a combination of pencil and fountain pen lever style. The cap matched the body and the pencil worked well. It has lead in it. The nib looks very good. They were asking 25 for it and I bargained it down to 20. Not sure if I over paid but it called to me. I may have it restored. Is it worth restoring?

Jon Szanto
April 21st, 2016, 04:15 PM
It's in rough shape but that was a very decent price for it. Restored, it will be a handsome little writer.

And guess what? Your pen/pencil might right in this photo, taken at the Sheaffer factory - note the woman in the foreground is working on an entire tray of these items:

http://www.shorpy.com/files/images/SHORPY-5a38841u1.jpg

edteach
April 21st, 2016, 04:27 PM
It has A. COHN inscribed on it, and then Sheaffer Pen Co. Iowa address and what looks like a pat no.

Jon Szanto
April 21st, 2016, 04:35 PM
It has A. COHN inscribed on it, and then Sheaffer Pen Co. Iowa address and what looks like a pat no.

The first is someone's name that they had inscribed, the rest is a standard barrel imprint (branding).