PDA

View Full Version : Pen Posse No Washi Tape Edition

AltecGreen
April 23rd, 2016, 08:54 PM
We will spare Todd for at least a few more weeks before unleashing another washi tape centric pen posse. Justa normal pen posse this time. We'll probably do some pen show planning at this meeting.

Sunday May 1st

1:00 pm

Peter's Cafe

10 El Camino Real

Millbrae, CA 94030

Farmboy
April 24th, 2016, 12:05 AM
I think it could be a Purple Pen Posse but I don't know what the Purple Pens are.

katherine
April 24th, 2016, 01:31 AM
If I bring washi tape... will I be exiled from the room? :<

lsmith42
April 24th, 2016, 08:14 AM
Yes, with great ceremony and violence. Think GoT, but without so many dragons.

Darkbulb
April 24th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Sounds like fun and am hoping I will be able to swing by.

Can show:
1) I got some Korean BanditApple notebooks with some amazing paper I can bring with me if anyone wants to check them out (they are selling limited quantities now - three notebooks for $12 shipped btw).

2) My $2 shipped 'leather' pen case arrived from China.

WTS:
Nothing

WTB:
1) Converter, international/standard size for my Swedish Ballograf.

2) Smaller bottle/sample of a good not-black ink. So far I've only ever used Diamine Onyx Black and would like to try something a bit different

Looking to have fixed:
Nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katherine
April 24th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Yes, with great ceremony and violence. Think GoT, but without so many dragons.

Damn. I'd totally do it for the dragons.

katherine
April 24th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Darkbulb -- what colors do you prefer? Do you care about sheening or shading? I can bring some bottles/empty vials and you can try some stuff out and take some samples. (I only have 1 or 2 empty vials though. If you can find more, you can take more samples though lol)

ethernautrix
April 25th, 2016, 03:31 AM
I'm in for a washi education towards the end of June.

Oh, Pen Posse, how I've missed you.

Darkbulb
April 25th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Darkbulb -- what colors do you prefer? Do you care about sheening or shading? I can bring some bottles/empty vials and you can try some stuff out and take some samples. (I only have 1 or 2 empty vials though. If you can find more, you can take more samples though lol)

Thanks!
Very open to anything that is not black or blue :)

Farmboy
April 25th, 2016, 01:53 PM
I was told someone has a scratchy 51 that needs attention. Will said pen be at Peter's on Sunday?

Farmboy

katherine
April 25th, 2016, 02:34 PM
I think that was Darkbulb.

And, Darkbulb -- will do! I have quite a few blue-blacks, but I'll skip those. :)

katherine
April 25th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Off the top of my head, these are the non-blue/black inks I have: Diamine Evergreen, J Herbin Rose Tenderesse, Violet Pensee & Vert Pre, Iroshizuku Momiji, Shin Ryoku & Fuyu-gaki. So basically, dark greens and some really bright colors. lol.

I don't have any dark "work-usable" colors other than Diamine Evergreen or Shin Ryoku. I keep thinking of getting Sailor Oku-yama and am waiting on a bottle of MB Permanent Grey though...

Farmboy
April 25th, 2016, 10:26 PM
You can make all the colors of ink by mixing blue and black in the correct ratio.

Farmboy

Jon Szanto
April 25th, 2016, 10:44 PM
You can make all the colors of ick by mixing blue and black in the correct ratio.

FIFY

Farmboy
April 25th, 2016, 11:51 PM
You can make all the colors of ick by mixing blue and black in the correct ratio.

FIFY

Don't you mean FIFI (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFI_%28aircraft%29)?

Jon Szanto
April 25th, 2016, 11:54 PM

No. Nor am I referring to any small poodles.

lsmith42
April 26th, 2016, 10:21 AM

No. Nor am I referring to any small poodles.

Leave the poodles out of it...

katherine
April 26th, 2016, 11:15 AM
My dog is too small to have ended up in the ink on my desk... But right now I wish I had an inky dog photo. >_>

Nomdeplume
April 26th, 2016, 11:50 AM
New to California from Colorado...hope to make it to Posse on May 1!

tenney
April 27th, 2016, 01:21 AM
I plan to be there too...

I thought all the colors were from Mr. Roy G. Biv

And... I, too, may be looking for a couple of Schmidt K5 converters.

As for a scratchy 51... can't we just make up one for you on the spot? If you want something to work on, that is. :-)