PDA

View Full Version : Lamy at the airport shops

Avi R.
April 23rd, 2016, 09:58 PM
I was routed on an odd return trip by Lufthansa a few weeks ago where I landed in MUC, had to take a short hop to FRA, and then got on the long flight to SFO -- I noticed that there was a Lamy display in the general items/snack shop in MUC that included Safaris and AL-Stars, maybe one or two other models, just stuck in a rack -- if you bought one it wouldn't even include a cardboard box or a cartridge.

Even stranger, when I landed in FRA, the shop of the same name in that airport had the same display with the same Lamy pens available, but all of them were priced higher than in Munich.
I wasn't up-to-date on what these models are going for, but I assumed that airport pricing would be high, and I didn't love any of the color choices, so I didn't buy anything.

I did look up the pricing on Amazon a few days later, and I think everything was comparable, but several Amazon sellers include free shipping and what appears to be a spare cartridge, so I think I was right about the airport shops being high -- the thing, again, that I find strange is that the prices at FRA were higher than at MUC.

Any ideas why that might be?