PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Up For a Group Diamine Ink Round-Robin?

duncan
January 3rd, 2013, 02:33 PM
Diamine inks are pretty inexpensive, you get a lot of ink per bottle (80ml) and there are a lot of colors (100+). What I am thinking of is getting a group of people to exchange one or more bottles of Diamine ink in a round-robin fashion every two weeks until each bottle has gone around the group/circle. Each person receiving ink takes 1 or 2 ml per bottle and sends it along to the next person on the list. If there are 10-15 people interested in doing this we will all end up with quite a few ink samples spread over about six months. I have done this kind of group exchange before (not ink) and it was a lot of fun.

Detailed example using 4 people each with one bottle of ink:

Eric has: Diamine Amaranth
Dan has: Diamine Burnt Sienna
Steven has: Diamine Dark Brown
Prof. T. Danglebury has: Diamine Jet Black

Start
Eric sends Amaranth to Dan
Dan sends Burnt Sienna to Steven
Steven sends Dark Brown to Prof. T. Danglebury
Prof. T. Danglebury sends Jet Black to Eric

After two weeks
Eric sends Jet Black to Dan
Dan sends Amaranth to Steven
Steven sends Burnt Sienna to Prof. T. Danglebury
Prof. T. Danglebury sends Dark Brown to Eric

and repeat until everyone has their original bottle of ink back.

If interested leave a comment including the ink colors or colors you want to include. Hopefully at least 10 people are interested, but even if it is only a few it will still be fun. After max 15 people have commented or after two weeks, I'll PM everyone to take it off line and get started.

The group needs to decide if Canada or international are OK (my vote is yes).

I am going to include Red Dragon and Apple Green. I am also going to throw in a few notepads. Although the focus is ink, feel free to throw in those unused notepads or cheap pens and pay it forward!

Duncan

gwgtaylor
January 3rd, 2013, 03:02 PM
Neat idea. I'd be interested in this. I've got Diamine Oxblood, Aqua, Twilight and Sherwood green. Also I'm in Canada and I'm ok with this. Two weeks might be tight for international shipping.

duncan
January 3rd, 2013, 03:55 PM
GW, thanks for joining! I think three weeks as an interval is OK. My real concern is that if the shipping interval is too short many people won't find the time to actually try the ink.

fountainpenkid
January 3rd, 2013, 07:53 PM
I've got Kelly Green and Coral that I'd love for other people to try if they want to!

duncan
January 6th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Fpkid, gotcha down. Lets wait until next weekend and see if we can get a couple of more people to join in.

There must be two more people on this board that are interested in swapping some Diamine ink samples!

Redstar
January 6th, 2013, 05:46 PM
I'd be very into this. I've only just recently gotten interested in fountain pens. I have a Franklin-Christoph 27 that another forum I'm a member of had customized for members. I bought it last month as my first fountain pen. Now I'm waiting for a TWSBI 540 Sapphire and a Delta 82 in brown. I'd like to find an ink that would be my "signature color".

I have Prussian Blue and Graphite if anyone would like to try them.

snedwos
January 7th, 2013, 05:33 AM
This sounds fun, but I worry that the Spanish postal system will just lose everything. Or at least the private bunch of lazy layabouts they outsource deliveries to round where I live... So, I'm out, I'm afraid.

tiffanyhenschel
January 7th, 2013, 11:19 AM
This sounds like a fun idea. I'm up for it. The Diamine inks I have that have not been mentioned are Ancient Copper, Bilberry, and Grape.

fountainpenkid
January 7th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Fpkid, gotcha down. Lets wait until next weekend and see if we can get a couple of more people to join in.

There must be two more people on this board that are interested in swapping some Diamine ink samples!

P.M me about where and when you want me to send them. Thanks!

duncan
January 7th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Redstar - have you on the list
snedwos - I feel your pain
tiffany - Getting new ink to try every few weeks will definitely be fun!

Hope to get at least one more person, but I will close it out and PM everyone instructions on Saturday 1/12.

fountainpenkid
January 9th, 2013, 04:28 PM
sounds great!