PDA

View Full Version : Hello FPGeeks !

GreenBox
January 5th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Greetings from the Netherlands.
In the days of yore I used to be the geeky girl who wrote with a fountainpen.
It was a gift and when the nib broke after many years of faithfull service I could not afford a new one.
Years later I saw my pen again in a shop and was once again the proud owner of a 'real' fountainpen.
Shopping in The Hague and seeing the beautiful bottles of Akkerman ink was the final push back into my old habit.
No more boring ballpoints if I can avoid it!

I still have my broken Parker 25, so could I get a new nib anywhere and could I replace this myself ?
Another project is the restoration of a beautiful grey/black marbled Osmia 224 (gift from dad who didn't use it anymore), which needs an inksac.

Next to the Parker 25 there are a Waterman Apostrophe and Pro Graduate (both marbled), and a Parker IM and Urban Premier.

High on the wishlist are
a Noodler's pen and Noodler's ink
a Lamy with 1.1 / 1.5 nibs to try out
a Faber-Castell
a marbled bright green pen, which makes inks shade, writes smoothly and never skipps (have you seen this pen?)

That's all !
Erica

fountainpenkid
January 5th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Welcome! Its great to have you here!
I think you can get a new nib for a 25. I would contact Tony at http://parkerpens.net/ His site is more of a model guide but he does sell stuff, and would probably be able to help you.

Best!

Bogon07
January 5th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Hi GreenBox and welcome to the forum.

Tracy Lee
January 5th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Hi Erica, welcome to the fun! I bet there are great smart folks here to help with your repairs. I am not one of those people, but so glad to meet you! :)

auto winder
January 6th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Welcome! :welcome:

KrazyIvan
January 7th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Welcome to the dark side GreenBox (Erica).