PDA

View Full Version : Looking for enablers!

Redstar
January 6th, 2013, 06:21 PM
I'm about three weeks old in the world of fountain pens. Last month I've received my first pen. A Franklin-Christoph model 27 that had been slightly customized by them with input from the admins of a wet shaving community I'm a member of. Since receiving it I've really started to enjoy writing again! This week I've ordered, as my 2nd pen, a sapphire TWSBI 540 and then I ordered a brown Delta Fusion 82. I'm still waiting for them to arrive.

When I started researching pens, paper and ink, I didn't realize how much there was to enjoy learning about! When I get started with a new hobby, my standard M.O. is to try many, many different things and then end up settling down with only a few things that I truly appreciate. Though I will inevitably try many different pens, inks and paper, my goal is to end up with 3 or 4 pens (one for my work office, one for my home office, a daily carry and possibly an extra), 1 or 2 inks and a single type of paper. I always enjoy this journey because I meet interesting people, learn a good deal and end up with new things that I incorporate into my daily life that I will use for years and will, hopefully, be truly appreciated when I pass them on to friends and family as they'd be aware it is something that is a part of who I am.

I look forward to learning from you all and hopefully I don't annoy too many of you with my inexperience. :)

Bogon07
January 6th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Hi Redstar & welcome to the FPG forum.
Good luck with your goal on this forum & the podcast, you will need a lot of self control to limit yourself to only a few pens and ink here.

A year and a half ago I thought I'd only need a Lamy Vista and Coffee Al-Star and 3 or 4 inks ! Now I've ten times that number.

writingrav
January 6th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Welcome to Geekdom. Batch can't stop at 2 or 3. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KrazyIvan
January 7th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Welcome to the dark side Redstar.

Redstar
January 7th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

fountainpenkid
January 7th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Welcome! I felt the same way for a while...buy, sell, trade pens until you find ones you love. I think I've found a good group of pens that I love. As most are vintage, I guess I just want to find better examples. I don't think I'd know what to do with 20 or more pens actually. Maybe that will change as I get older.

auto winder
January 9th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Welcome :welcome:

Tracy Lee
January 9th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I haven't found the number over which I would not know what to do. So yes, welcome to this place where anything is possible and that is all the fun!!