PDA

View Full Version : Dollar Store/Thrift Shop Pen Case

gzp
May 7th, 2016, 08:58 PM
I found some eyeglass cases (soft) which are working well for me as pen cases. I have mostly inexpensive Chinese and Japanese pens so far, the clips hold them in place so there seems to be little or no chance of scratching.

Wade
May 8th, 2016, 08:11 PM
I've been thinking about that exact same idea for my rotating two EDC pens that I take to work, thanks for the dollar/thrift store idea though, I was going to go to my local optician and pay too much.

scrivelry
May 9th, 2016, 12:26 PM
I got a large case - probably for sunglasses - at my local dollar store for 1.49 USD.

It is so big I am considering how to carry something with ink in it in there. I mean somethign larger than a sample vial...

gzp
May 10th, 2016, 03:03 PM
I've been thinking about that exact same idea for my rotating two EDC pens that I take to work, thanks for the dollar/thrift store idea though, I was going to go to my local optician and pay too much.

It probably depends on the optician, they may give you one free it if it has their business information printed on it.

Wade
May 10th, 2016, 07:17 PM
It probably depends on the optician, they may give you one free it if it has their business information printed on it.

Yeah, I know mine will, but like you said... with branding. They've largely gone to hard plastic clamshell cases, as well, where I'd be looking for the old style open-end or folder soft slip-on case, preferably with a pocket clip.

FredRydr
May 16th, 2016, 05:10 AM
Hard clamshell-type eyeglass cases are great for shipping pens.

Fred