PDA

View Full Version : Philly Pen Show

manoeuver
January 7th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Who's going? I'll be there all day Friday.

fountainpenkid
January 7th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I am. on sunday though.

manoeuver
January 7th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Ah. Sniff around and try to detect my scent.

fountainpenkid
January 7th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I will. Just paste your "bad cartoon" for Jan. on the front of your shirt ;)

writingrav
January 7th, 2013, 07:02 PM
I'll be there all day Friday and later Saturday afternoon. I'll be wearing my FP Geeks button.

manoeuver
January 8th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Sweet! I will track you down. I'll be the one staggering around.

fountainpenkid
January 8th, 2013, 01:33 PM
I am a teenager with blonde hair. I'll be wearing a red pinstripe button down shirt. Maybe a jacket!

earthdawn
January 11th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Ill be at work and in a bad mood !!!

But I really hope all that get to go have a GREAT time !

Everyone please be sure to take pics and share them... no matter how many are takin and how many post them they are always the threads with the most views.

manoeuver
January 11th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Will, I'll only be there today. Sunday there's a Kopi Luwak tasting at the roastery, won't be missing that.

Writinggrav, I'll look for your button. today I've got on a black oxford shirt and olive drab cargo pants, I'll be carrying a faded Olive Drab man purse.

actually, just look for this guy:

chad.trent
January 11th, 2013, 07:34 AM
If the Philly show was a month later I'd be there. My wife used to live in Philly, so we go back quite often. It's just too close to Christmas and my bank account is still recovering.

KrazyIvan
January 11th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Will, I'll only be there today. Sunday there's a Kopi Luwak tasting at the roastery, won't be missing that.

Writinggrav, I'll look for your button. today I've got on a black oxford shirt and olive drab cargo pants, I'll be carrying a faded Olive Drab man purse.

actually, just look for this guy:

"Heeeeeey there. I've got lots of fountain pens in my man purse, wanna see 'em?"

writingrav
January 11th, 2013, 12:56 PM
First day of the show. New Edison Beaumont pneumatic filler. A seminar with Susan Worth. Spent some time with Brian and Lisa Anderson. Met Maneuver. Also bought new Organics sepia.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KrazyIvan
January 11th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Susan Worth looks like she's not happy having her picture taken. :blink:

Will wait for your impressions on the Beaumont pneumatic filler. :)

writingrav
January 11th, 2013, 03:30 PM
She was a kick. I'll try to do a full report either tomorrow night or Sunday night

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

earthdawn
January 11th, 2013, 11:00 PM
looking forward to your full report !!!

Pics look good so far... man i wish I was there !

writingrav
January 12th, 2013, 08:10 PM
My Son getting his Bexeley Binderized - Photo Added after writing the following:

Let me say at the outset, this will be very light on pictures. In fact none because I was just too busy and distracted for which I apologize. But I had a fabulous two days. I can't go back tomorrow and really have no need to, but I would go anyway if I could just for the fun of it. As I reported yesterday, my pen budget went almost entirely to the new Edison Beaumont pneumatic filler. I love it and Brian Grey is an incredible gentleman. His wife Andrea is fabulous. My sons and I spent literally hours at their tables, thinking, decided, re-thinking etc. I bought my pen yesterday, my eldest son his, an extended mina, today. The care and concern to fit the pen to each of us, smooth the nibs, help us in the color selection was superb. When I mentioned in passing that I'd always had some flow issues with my Edison Nouveau Encore, Brian switched out the converter, feed and nib without a moment's hesitation (or cost.) Unbelievable. Lisa and Brian Anderson were also wonderful to us. I asked Lisa two questions at different times during the show and both times she left her table to point us toward people at the show whom she knew and could possibly help me. When my son wanted a bottle of Noodler's Apache Sunset and it was still in a box that hadn't been unpacked, Lisa unpacked the box wading through mounds of ink and pens in order to find the bottle right then. Every dealer we approached was equally friendly and helpful and more than an opportunity to buy pens and paraphernalia it truly felt like a meeting of a fraternity.
So what else did we score? As I said my major pen was the Edison plus a wonderful gold nibbed Parker 45 that I am loving. I also bought some great notecards from the Andersons, a beautiful 24 pen carry case at an unbelievable prices from Toys in the Attic. I bought my bottle of Organics second in their Sepia series, a fabulous color and an ingenious little traveling inkwell made by a member of the Philadelphia Pen Collector's named Richard. My older son bought his Edison and a Bexeley Elegance and two Franklin-Christophe pens as well as some other paraphernalia including the same 24 case that I bought. My younger son bought a Visconti Homo Sapiens and a Franklin-Christophe. All in all a fabulous two days.

dgator
January 12th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Sounds like you and your sons had a great time at the show. Thanks for sharing. Lisa and Brian are great [no affiliation, just a happy customer].

fountainpenkid
January 13th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Great to hear. Sorry to say, I can't go today...the whole plan worked around my grandparents (they live in philly and were going to come up to hear me in the southern regional orchestra, and then take me down to the pen show the next day, but my grandma was sick so the didn't come up. And my parents won't do the drive...) So I'm stuck, but its great to hear that you guys are all having a great time! I think I can make it to the LI pen show at least.

snedwos
January 14th, 2013, 04:10 AM
You can't seem to catch a break on pen shows, Will... Grandparents do seem to get sick at the wrong time: my grandfather's illness was the reason I wasn't in the country for the Madrid pen show...

fountainpenkid
January 14th, 2013, 02:41 PM
You can't seem to catch a break on pen shows, Will... Grandparents do seem to get sick at the wrong time: my grandfather's illness was the reason I wasn't in the country for the Madrid pen show...

I know. My parents are kinda against the ones that are far away. I actually think I'll make it to long island though...

bgray
January 14th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Here's my pics from the Philly Show....

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/Pens/Philly-Pen-Show-2013/27557155_3WSCCB#!i=2319962184&k=RHwn2bq

fountainpenkid
January 14th, 2013, 04:05 PM
I just browsed...envying all those who got to go ;)

manoeuver
January 14th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Had a blast- my parents met me there and my sister showed up as we were grabbing some lunch.
I nabbed the 2 new Organics Studio inks, some Cacao du Brasil and inserts for my pen storage case. Also a 24 pen carry case.
Got to say hi to Brian, Brian and lisa, Ryan Krusac and Mario from Toys in the Attic. Met a lot of awesome new people including the estimable Writingrav.

Got a Frankin Christoph pocket pen for the wife with a M italic nibby nib. She loves it (and is now keeping her hands off my 02.)
Wish I had more time to spend there but whatever- I was pretty worn out by the time I left.

Next stop Baltimore, 1-3 March. Hope to meet some more geeks there.

fountainpenkid
January 14th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Had a blast- my parents met me there and my sister showed up as we were grabbing some lunch.
I nabbed the 2 new Organics Studio inks, some Cacao du Brasil and inserts for my pen storage case. Also a 24 pen carry case.
Got to say hi to Brian, Brian and lisa, Ryan Krusac and Mario from Toys in the Attic. Met a lot of awesome new people including the estimable Writingrav.

Got a Frankin Christoph pocket pen for the wife with a M italic nibby nib. She loves it (and is now keeping her hands off my 02.)
Wish I had more time to spend there but whatever- I was pretty worn out by the time I left.

Next stop Baltimore, 1-3 March. Hope to meet some more geeks there.

Sounds like you had a blast! Will you go to the LI pen show?

manoeuver
January 16th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Sounds like you had a blast! Will you go to the LI pen show?
I will not. Baltimore is soon enough, and no NJ Turnpike necessary.