PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

TonyJones
January 7th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Hi guys, new member here.

Bought my first fountain pen since school, and loving the re-introduction! Admittedly it is a Lamy Safari, but got to start somewhere right?

Bought a medium nib, but I find it a bit too large for my small handwriting so have ordered a fine nib, and will be ordering a converter and some lovely inks as and when.

Will be lurking around for a bit to learn some more.

KrazyIvan
January 7th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Welcome to the forum and the dark side.

fountainpenkid
January 7th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Welcome!

Bogon07
January 7th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Hi TonyJones and welcome to FPG forum.
Nothing wrong with a Lamy Safari unless its the pink one (whoops I got one of those too).

The F is probably the best all-round Lamy nib.
You may find the M nib works better for you once to find some drier or less wet inks to use with it.

earthdawn
January 8th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Welcome !!

Great to have you here.

Lamy Safari is a great pen and a true workhorse. Easy to change the nib out if you want to try a different size and you can clean them with ease. As well you can use carts or a converter.

PS.. I just got the Pink one for my girlfriend this Christmas... she loves it. Yea because it is pink but she really does like writing with it now too.

Any questions feel free to ask away we are friendly bunch here.

TonyJones
January 8th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I got it in matte black with the black nib, best looking version in my opinion, closely followed by pink obviously ;)

Got my eye on some nice inks though!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Bogon07
January 8th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I got it in matte black with the black nib, best looking version in my opinion, closely followed by pink obviously ;)

Got my eye on some nice inks though!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yes the Matt Black (sometimes called Charcoal) is a very handsome pen and also in my opinion the standout of the range.

The Pink is ok but my views of it are tainted when the shop left dried out black and magenta ink in the feed which took a fair bit of cleaning to remove completely and using the blue Lamy cartridge with it initially. Now its filled with Noodler's Purple Martin. Strangely Mrs Bogon was not attracted to the pink Safari but instead the RubyRed Al-Star.

The GouletPen company has some helpful tools for comparing and selecting inks.

auto winder
January 9th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Welcome :welcome: