PDA

View Full Version : Edison Pneumatic Filler!

bgray
January 8th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Hi FPGeeker's!

The Edison Pen Company is proud to introduce a Pneumatic Filler!

See the video below, and visit this link for all details!
http://edisonpen.com/index.cfm/2013/1/8/Pneumatic-Filler

http://youtu.be/Yqt1EFTLeI4

Thanks!

Brian at Edison

http://edisonpen.com/userfiles/image/Pneumatic%201.jpg

http://edisonpen.com/userfiles/image/Pneumatic2.jpg

http://edisonpen.com/userfiles/image/Pneumatic%203.jpg

KrazyIvan
January 8th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Really cool looking pen but it may be bad for my ink ADD.

fountainpenkid
January 8th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Really cool looking pen but it may be bad for my ink ADD.

What do you mean?

writingrav
January 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM
What do you mean?

I think he means it will hold too much ink for someone who likes to change inks often. I am very taken with it and despite the fact that it is way out of my present range I'm thinking hard about it. I'll check it out in person this weekend at the Philly show.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KrazyIvan
January 8th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Bingo.

fountainpenkid
January 8th, 2013, 04:04 PM
I think he means it will hold too much ink for someone who likes to change inks often. I am very taken with it and despite the fact that it is way out of my present range I'm thinking hard about it. I'll check it out in person this weekend at the Philly show.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I agree. The pics didn't really make me fall in love, but the video did. That grip section is really, really beautifully curved (weird comment, but I had to say it). I can't wait to see this at Philly as well! For holding too much ink, I don't switch inks much, unless I get a new pen and have to reconsider pen-ink combos. I find I really haven't caught the ink bug full-on yet.

Bogon07
January 8th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Great video and very informative to see exactly how a pneumatic filler works.
Nice looking pens too. The Toffee Crunch is very attractive.

KI, you don't have to fill it completely do you ?
Or if you did then you could always squeeze a bit back into the bottle.

snedwos
January 8th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Hands off the toffee crunch, bogon! It's mine! You've already bought an Edison recently. I'll tell Mrs Bogon on you! If only I knew of a way of contacting her that wasn't through you...

Then again, I am almost penniless... I would have to drain my bank account completely...

Redstar
January 8th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Brian, fantastic pen! It figures that I had ordered and just today received a Delta Fusion 82. Now I am forced to wait a couple weeks before I order another pen. But I've added your new pen, in tortoise, to the very top of my purchase list! I'm interested in people's reviews after they get to try them out at the pen show.

bgray
January 8th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Great video and very informative to see exactly how a pneumatic filler works.
Nice looking pens too. The Toffee Crunch is very attractive.

KI, you don't have to fill it completely do you ?
Or if you did then you could always squeeze a bit back into the bottle.

If you wanted to fill it partially, the easiest way would be to leave it in the ink for only 3, 5 or whatever seconds rather than the 10+ seconds that it takes to fully fill the sac.

If you remove the nib when the pen is partially filled, it will just slurp air into the remaining sac capacity.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

fountainpenkid
January 8th, 2013, 06:18 PM
If you wanted to fill it partially, the easiest way would be to leave it in the ink for only 3, 5 or whatever seconds rather than the 10+ seconds that it takes to fully fill the sac.

If you remove the nib when the pen is partially filled, it will just slurp air into the remaining sac capacity.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Will you consider making chilton fillers for other models as well?

Bogon07
January 8th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Thanks Mr Gray.

KI, as Mr Gray explained you don't have to fill it up completely. So are you going for the swirly blue one ?

Hands off the toffee crunch, bogon! It's mine! You've already bought an Edison recently. I'll tell Mrs Bogon on you! If only I knew of a way of contacting her that wasn't through you...

Then again, I am almost penniless... I would have to drain my bank account completely...

Snedwos, One can dream. My finances have taken a dent due to some KickStarter boardgames.
You could contact Mrs Bogon by joining the Ravelry knitting forum(?) and somehow navigating around it. :)

bgray
January 8th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Will you consider making chilton fillers for other models as well?

For now, the filling system will only be on Beaumonts. Please understand that there's a TON of engineering into getting this system to work right. I've been hatching this since early October.

But fear not - I will engineer this around other pen models. I will make this announcement when I can offer them. Expect to see them on Glenmonts, Hurons, Hudsons, Morgans, and other pens with flat ends. Without getting too technical, the pens with rounded, torpedo, or conical ends will be more difficult to engineer the blind cap to work with this filling system.

But it's not impossible on the rounded, torpedo, or conical ended pens. I just can't focus on the engineering of those particular shapes quite yet.

fountainpenkid
January 9th, 2013, 04:13 PM
For now, the filling system will only be on Beaumonts. Please understand that there's a TON of engineering into getting this system to work right. I've been hatching this since early October.

But fear not - I will engineer this around other pen models. I will make this announcement when I can offer them. Expect to see them on Glenmonts, Hurons, Hudsons, Morgans, and other pens with flat ends. Without getting too technical, the pens with rounded, torpedo, or conical ends will be more difficult to engineer the blind cap to work with this filling system.

But it's not impossible on the rounded, torpedo, or conical ended pens. I just can't focus on the engineering of those particular shapes quite yet.
Great to hear! Are you also still deploying that piston filler model you were talking about over the summer?

bgray
January 9th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Great to hear! Are you also still deploying that piston filler model you were talking about over the summer?

Still in the works! It will happen!

fountainpenkid
January 9th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Still in the works! It will happen!

Yay! I'm sure it will be quite the hit!