PDA

View Full Version : Purple Passion pen?

skyppere
January 8th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Anyone remember a pen of a few years ago that was dubbed "the purple passion?" I'm wondering who made it. Was it Sailor or Pilot? And if one was to look for one, what could you reasonably expect to pay for one?
skyppere

Maja
January 8th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Yep, it was made by Platinum: http://www.airlineinternational.net/plpupafopen.html
(no affiliation to website)

Bogon07
January 9th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Gee Maja that is a very intense purple !
Does it glow in the dark ?

fountainpenkid
January 9th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Yep, it was made by Platinum: http://www.airlineinternational.net/plpupafopen.html
(no affiliation to website)

No price and info?

Maja
January 9th, 2013, 09:12 PM
No idea re: current price, guys (I thought it was a discontinued model....someone please correct me if I'm wrong).
I just remember the company that made it because of the model name and bright colour :)

KrazyIvan
January 10th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Airline International is very close to where I work. Unfortunately, they are known for having a lot of listings for stuff that has long been discontinued.

skyppere
January 10th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Thank you, Ladies and Gentlemen!

Maja
January 10th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Airline International is very close to where I work. Unfortunately, they are known for having a lot of listings for stuff that has long been discontinued.

Well, the Platinum Purple Passion pen didn't have a price on their webpage, and you also could not add it to your cart, so I figured it was out of stock. Still, good to know---thx, Ivan :)

skyppere
March 1st, 2013, 12:06 PM
I just KNOW that you've all been waiting with bated breath to find out. YES! I bought one at the LA Pen Show from Ms. Susan Wirth. I am
now a happy writer.
skyppere

Bogon07
March 1st, 2013, 05:18 PM
Congratulations and what colour ink are you loading it with ?

Scrawler
March 7th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I like purples and violets. I will have to look out for one of those, and an ink that exactly matches.

Maja
March 9th, 2013, 02:32 AM
I just KNOW that you've all been waiting with bated breath to find out. YES! I bought one at the LA Pen Show from Ms. Susan Wirth. I am
now a happy writer.
skyppere
Wow, I can't (a.) believe you found one and (b.) believe that you remembered to post an update, skyppere. :faint:

Congratulations on the new acquisition and thanks for taking the time to let us know! (is it as bright in Real Life as it looks in photos?)